1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

The shot that nearly killed me: War photographers

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by pdh, Jun 18, 2011.

1. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    War is a horrible thing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Very touching documentary on the dangers of capturing the images of war. I give them a lot of credit for going into such dangerous situations unarmed.

4. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    A very interesting read. Thanks for posting.

5. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    I think I have bookmark this link, and check it out just a few at a time. I am not queasy with blood and gore, but it's the stories that get me. I stopped after reading the one in Suweto, where a man swung a machete on another man's head (whose body is burning).

6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  7. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I actually read the original article that was published in The Guardian's weekend magazine section, and while the images are less clear on the printed page than on my screen, actually holding them in my hands is quite a different experience ... a sense of repugnance at the "burning man" shot for instance ...

8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I am sure of it, Paul. There is a supreme example of how important holding a print in your hands is. Of course I felt that and more while looking at so many - repulsion, horror and despair. I have a feeling that if I'd seen them in the magazine that I would have been crying.