the vale

Perhaps if your plane of focus has encompassed the leading seed head (rather than the one behind it) it could've been improved - but not by much. And you might have gone bonkers trying while the wind conspired against you!

I can just imagine being there and trying to look at the view over a hedge :)

hehe I wasn't peering over a hedge but crouching down in the most ungainly manner with my arse stuck out like Max Wall ...

a late walk last night, had to get out of the house ... but I'd managed to set or reset something on the E-P2 that produced some very odd results in the images ... have now reset from scratch but can't remember how I had the whole thin set up, especially regarding NR and Noise Filters ... bugger ... anyway, here's one of the odd ones, using Hexanon 57/1.4

5955031733_97c43b24c8_b.jpg

swish by _loupe, on Flickr

Both are beauties, Paul. The cloudscape in your black and white with the low horizon line is pretty darn incredible. I like the silhouettes of the tree's leaves, as well. Moody and mysterious, it gives me that "gothic" tale feeling, while your second one makes me feel happy and hopeful.

same sunset but in colour, different viewpoint ... wish I'd had the 17mm on really, that extra 3mm makes all the difference, plus I'm convinced it renders colour more nicely the Lumix (yes, I know, who could really tell the difference?) ... though a sky- and land-scape like tonight does make a case for that rather expensive 12mm ...

6121449344_b35e6b8c9a_b.jpg

vale by _loupe, on Flickr

E-P2, Lumux 20/1.7

Back