The Weekly Challenge 23 - 28 March.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
Paul (pdh) has set the next theme:-

I'll have to be brief as I'm im hospital. Writing this on my android in the middle of a sleep deprived night
having just had a kidney stone whipped out.
So ... Theme for next week is irony.​

A definition might be helpful here.

i·ro·ny -  [ahy-ruh-nee] noun, plural -nies.

1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning: the irony of her reply, “How nice!” when I said I had to work all weekend.

2. Literature .
a. a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
b. (especially in contemporary writing) a manner of organizing a work so as to give full expression to contradictory or complementary impulses, attitudes, etc., especially as a means of indicating detachment from a subject, theme, or emotion.

Yes this is less straightforward but I have confidence in the membership here.

Thanks Bill.
InterpretatioNs can be creative or quite literal. So for instance an ironic contrast or juxtaposition ...

Reactions: BBW
Food, Fags & Phone!

I spent some time wondering whether this fits the bill or not but the more I think the more tangled up I get so........

IMGP0283-2-3.jpg

not too many entries ... oops ... well my excuse is that I was full of drugs and in a strange environment so perhaps I wasn't thinking straight when I suggested ... anyway, this is the image that I had in mind (what's left of it) when I suggested "irony" ...

20120222_1841-03-1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back