1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

the white orbs on the X100 !!

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Luke, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    That's pretty wild - they almost look like Christmas tree ornaments. A couple of them could pass for orbs in a different context, but the variation in shade and transparency of some is a dead giveaway that something entirely different is going on here.

It looks like a basically no-snow winter for us this year - raindrops don't photograph as well... But the next time its snowing around here in the evening, I'm going to try to remember to try that.

-Ray

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I also like how the ones that are on the focal plane are small and nice and sharp and rest are diffuse soft glowing balls.

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :026: Darn you, Luke!:rofl:

What a great idea - love the way the dog and his walker are set off from the background, almost a decoupage kind of look. Very cool looking, indeed!

Yup, only one real snow for us this year here in the NY metro area...very, very unusual. It's drizzling now, alas.

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
  6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    If that modern day car and street light weren't there, I'd say this has a very 50's look to it.

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I could Photoshop an old Chevy BelAir in there....and maybe put in one of those harp-style lamps ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Are the white orbs coming from outer space?
    Psst don't tell to Nasa.

9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Love it, Luke. for a minute there I thought the header meant... well... exactly what you intended one would think it meant ;P

10. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    That's a great effect!