Fuji The X10 has landed

Hi Don. Here's the jpeg, not straight OOC, howver. Because I set the iso to 100 the auto DR did nothing and the highlights were consequently blown. I recovered them in Lightroom, then the exact same black and white conversion as the raw. Nothing else was changed. If I'd shot auto iso, auto DR, I'm guessing I'd not have had to do HL recovery, which worked only to a point.

Thanks Lawrence. The funny thing is that the jpeg has a slightly better tonal range over the Raw conversion. That could be from the conversion but I think that LR doesn't read ALL the info in the raw file.
I have dug out my C1 program but it needs updating and I'm not going to do that. I am told that C1 version 7+ will do the Fuji files better then anything else.....

Happy New Year and be safe....
Don

8332229488_807624eddd_b.jpg

Curbside Perfection by dixeyk, on Flickr

I think the JPEGs the X10 gives are pretty forgiving. I couldn't rescue the highlights on the companion to this where the sky was blown out but underexpose a little bit and it's comes up real purty. The more I use it the more I am convinced that I if I had to I could go with just the X10 and be okay with it. As it is, I think it's the perfect companion to my all legacy lens NEX kit. I'm still on the fence about MF vs LF. I like to print medium sized prints sometimes. I need to test out both at 13x19 and see how they hold up. I know at 8x10 they would probably be too close for me to tell.

Happy New Year everyone (special thanks to Don, Ray and Lawrence for the extensive information on the X10)...and Ray thanks for selling me your old X10, it's become my favorite non human companion as of late.

Kevin

a medium res shot of my New Year's Eve dinner. I made the red chile sauce and guacamole, my roommate constructed the enchildas. Refied beans compliments of Rosarita's foods. Beer (non-alcoholic) by Clausthaler. And a good time was had by all.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year everyone (special thanks to Don, Ray and Lawrence for the extensive information on the X10)...and Ray thanks for selling me your old X10, it's become my favorite non human companion as of late.

Kevin

Happy New Years to you guys too. Glad it went to someone who will use it and appreciates it, Kevin! Don, if you catch this,Minot gonna make it into Philly for the Mummers today. Not feeling up to dealing with the crowds today. I'll text you later if its too late to catch you here.

-Ray

Back