1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

The X100 OK button trick!

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Streetshooter, May 12, 2011.

1. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I found this at RFF. Rich posted that if you hit the control dial squarely with your thumb, it does the OK button easily.
    I tried it and it works.
    Just use your thumb and hit the entire dial and whallah!

Cool beans......

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I think you guys have bigger thumbs than, I do. Were you having problems getting it to do the OK thing, Don?

3. Streetshooter

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    No, but this works...dunno.
    There's been many complaints about the OK button but it's OK for me...
    It's just sumptin I founded and tought waz cool...

• Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I can't stop thinking of the character named Sissy Hankshaw in Tom Robbins "Even Cowgirls Get the Blues", for those of us who are of that era...and/or remember the girl with the enormously large thumbs.:wink:

5. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    a girlfriend gave me that book for (I think) my 20th birthday ... time has erased all but one memory of the plot, except for one image ... which I will not share for fear of offending your delicate sensibilities ...

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Yes, plus it might be too racy for the site in general.:eek: I enjoyed the book tremendously way back then...1976. Long, long time ago...but I digress.

Back to the OK button!:biggrin:

I actually find that when I am using the dial around the OK button that I kind of just push away...and get what I want. Thankfully, I don't need to do it too often...except when I want to delve deeply...which I may find I want to do more of, not sure just yet.

7. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Ahh yeah, Tom Robbins. Got me through many a night in college when I couldn't be bothered to actually study. My daughter likes him now - I try reading him now and it makes my head hurt. I don't think he wrote/writes for old people!

I've never had trouble with the OK button. I don't have to use it much at all on the fly, and I can push it with my thumbnail even if the meat of my thumb is a bit large for it. But things like that NEVER bother me - I recall the HUGE controversy over the control ring on the Canon S90 (people HATED it) but I never had a moment's problem with it.

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  8. Burkey

Burkey SC Top Veteran

Apr 18, 2011
    Northern New England
    O.K. wait a minute. . . Cowgirls, large thumbs, the infamous 70s. My OM-1 and C-330 too. Do I hear Hendrix in the baclground?:rolleyes:
    . . . David

• Like Like x 1
  9. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    My OM-1, too, and yes Hendrix, The Rolling Stones...and the Moody Blues, too.:wink:

10. Rich M

Rich M SC Regular

May 2, 2011
    Hawaii
    Didn't Sissy have other AMAZING attributes? Or maybe it was an old GF named Sissy......things get vey foggy when it comes to those years.

R

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I think she did, Rich, but your old girlfriend may well have, too.:wink:

12. winginkris

winginkris SC Veteran

Dec 15, 2011
    I used a small, clear, peel and stick rubber furniture bumper on mine that I found in my junk drawer. As an added bonus, because it's clear it also magnifies the "menu okay" button making it easier to see. I thought it would quickly fall off, but after a couple months of use, it's still there!

• Like Like x 2
  13. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    What an interesting idea, winginkris!:thumbup:

14. afkenner

afkenner New to SC

Jan 20, 2013
    Lensmate sells a "solution" to this - I bought one - along with their thumbrest for my newly-acquired X100 - before the camera arrived. After a few days using the menus, I don't mind the OK button's responsiveness so I haven't added this sticky accessory yet. Maybe after a few days of real world use, I'll see if I really need it. I've tried to set up the camera so I won't have to use the menus very often when I'm shooting anyway, we'll see how that goes.

Terrific forum you have here!

The lensmate "OK button solution"
    Lensmate: Lensmate Fujifilm X100/X10 Menu Button Solution

15. Streetshooter

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I had that on the X10 and it fell off at some point. It's adhesive is a little weak.
    Works nice when it's there tho'.

Welcome to the forum....