Micro 4/3 There is a God!!!! and some nice people out there!!

Name
Andy
Did some work for a friend of a friend last week as he was having problems due to his age and we got talking as you do and it turns out he had been a keen photographer for many years so it was good talking to him about the subject. I was doing the work (a bit of light building/decorating) for a favor to help a mate and to have something to do while I'm looking for work so was expecting nothing more than a few cup's of tea and a Chocolate Hob Nob as reward for my help. When we finished the home owner gave me a box and said that he has not used this camera much since he got it but to say thank you he thought i would like it. I said my thanks thinking it was a few old bits and was GOBSMAKED when I got home and opened the box. It was a nice little used Olympus E-P1!!!:eek: It was complete and had taken less than 30 images!!!!:eek::eek::)

I phoned my mate and he said that the home owner bought it as his eye sight was failing and being elderly he wanted an easy camera to use. After he used it for a bit he just kinda gave up and put it away. I made sure the chap got the message of thanks and to make sure it was OK and he insisted it was.

The Camera is MINT!! and it all works. I don't know how old it is but i expect it's an early one. I updated the firmware and all is good! Having owned one before i know how good they are and i love the styling big time!

It's nice to know there are some good people out there!

OlyEP1.jpg

What a top story. Let's not forget that you were showing a great sense of generosity without expectation of great reward! So well-deserved!

So yes there are good people, and you are to be counted among them!

Thanks for sharing...

Thanks all. :)

I can use the 20mm f1.7 from the GF1 as I know it works very very on the Oly. When I get a job I'm going to look at getting the Leica 45mm Macro Elmarit. YUM!

Andy, that is such a heartwarming story to read! I'm with everyone else - from your generosity to the Mt Olympus aspect (very witty wolfie!)! Very, very cool! The E-P1 is a beauty to behold.:bravo-009:

From my spot here in NY, this has been a great way to start the morning!

To be honest I have been a bit down lately as I have applied for loads of jobs but only 1 person has got back to me. Now I feel GREAT! Still need a job though!:D

Anyone who has ever been in the position of looking for a job, in a tough economy or not, knows how the hunt can become emotionally draining. The best thing is always to keep busy, active and engaged. One never knows who or what can lead to where - if you follow me, which after this recent event I know you do. We're here for you Andy, as hackneyed a phrase as that might seem - I mean it. Your upbeat personality is going to stand you in good stead. I'm keeping the faith with you on this. So keep on taking advantage of the situation and use your eye and cameras to go out and keep making all the great photos you can with the time. That's one of the best things about digital - if you've got an SD card and already have the software - it's doesn't cost anymore money to keep making pictures!

That's a really awesome gift!

Just a suggestion: make a photo thank-you card with an image taken by that camera. I don't know what software you use, but I know you can do that in iPhoto.

Very good idea! I use Elements 9 and Lightroom 3 so I'm sure between them and iPhoto I can come up with something!! I did pass on my thanks but a card would be cool!

Back