Thinking about growing the S.C. Network, again...

It could be that you haven't had an overwhelming demand for a new Leica website because they are all out USING their cameras. :D

Sorry. Been out with my recently returned from repair, M9. Damn thing has more frequent flyer points than I do. But she's playing nice now.

I'm in.

Gordon

p.s. If you want to make SC the hub for the group then just run the givaways from here and consolodate all the buy and sell here as well.

p.p.s. As much as we like to think people talk too much about gear, the biggest thread, by a long way, at mu43 is the OMD image thread.

^^ Not yet but soon I imagine, although the E-M5 thread would still be second on the technicality that the street thread was restarted when it reached almost 3000 posts and the sequel is now over 2000 posts long as well.

p.p.s. As much as we like to think people talk too much about gear, the biggest thread, by a long way, at mu43 is the OMD image thread.

Good point - the vast majority of our top threads on each site have been image threads.

SC:

2013-03-01_0602.png

Mu-43:

2013-03-01_0539.png

I do like the fact that one can have a choice in the drop down menu under Discussions for "All Recent Discussions" and "Recent Image Threads". I'm embarrassed to say that I only just noticed this the other day!:redface:

Unfortunately the "Recent Image Threads" doesn't get all the image threads, only the ones in the Image Threads forums. So an image thread from a gear forum won't be included.

The one downside to have the sites compartmentalized as they are is that you don't have cross-brand image threads. It might be nice, for example, to have a flower macro image thread with contributions from a panoply of brands, sensors, lenses, etc, or a gear post about flower macros where people discuss the different systems they are using.

At the end of the day, one way to look at all of the forums is that they are for the most part non-smartphone, non-dSLR. It's a space that's evolving rapidly and changing constantly, often leading to people switching brands but staying within the same general non-DSLR pool.

I do like the fact that one can have a choice in the drop down menu under Discussions for "All Recent Discussions" and "Recent Image Threads". I'm embarrassed to say that I only just noticed this the other day!:redface:

I guess I should look for this :redface:

Back