THIS IS SPAM - Nikon Coolpix P510 zoom examples

Discussion in 'Nikon Coolpix A Forum' started by JoyceACopeland, Jul 16, 2014.

1. JoyceACopeland

JoyceACopeland New to SC

Jul 16, 2014
    These are pairs of photos taken with a Nikon Coolpix P510 Superzoom camera. Each pai was taken from the same spot. In most cases one picture was taken zoomed back fully (24mm equivalent) and the next at full zoom (1000mm equivalent) or with tha 2x digital zoom on top of the 1000mm. All are handheld.

Royal Gorge Bridge, Colorado. Taken from a moving train.
    OvElJet.

Telluride, Colorado from Black Bear Pass
    UqhhxSk.

[​IMG]

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    OH! I see. SSPAM!!! The gif must be transparent...
    I dont see anything attached to
    Code:
    http://dailydigitaldeals.info/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/11/38/buy.gif
    at all. the link isnt clickable either.... how strange. an incompetent spammer. LOL

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Thanks for reporting this one Sue. I'll leave it for a bit so others can look at it and keep an eye out for other posts like it. Because it doesn't SCREAM spam. There is a link hidden in the post that is only revealed when one clicks "reply with quote". I'm not sure HOW it works, but hopefully by having more users aware of it (and using the "report a post" button, we can just keep zapping them and keep the site relatively spam free.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    It's a technique known as cookie stuffing. The "broken" gif, php, or smiley sends your browser to the spammer's website, which then loads your computer with a tracking cookie so that they get affiliate credit for subsequent purchases.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    So if someone here would visit that foul "daily deels" website, that "user" would get an affiliate piece of change?

Seems there would be easier way to make money.

btw, It wasn't cookie stuffing I just did.... it was pie stuffing. If anyone need a super easy blueberry pie recipe, I made one yesterday and it's delicious.

6. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    Will it work with blackberries?

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'm more of a cooker than a baker, but it's my vague understanding that at their heart, all fruit pies are roughly the same.... a mix of fruit, sugar and flour/starch to bind. (So I think you can substitute blackberries......the blueberries I used were pretty sweet....if the blackberries are more tart, I'd consider adding more sugar....at the very least, check with some other recipes....I can't freaking believe how easy it is to make pies.)

I saw some fresh blueberries on what I thought to be crazy deal last week at the grocery store. Hmmmmmm..... 2 pints for $5....cool. I love blueberries (And I think my wife does too). I bring them home and offer to wash them up and prepare a small bowl for my lady after I make exaggerated "mmmmmmm" sounds. She says...."No, that's OK.......I'm not as INTO fruit as you are"

I asked if I shouldn't have bought 4 pints of blueberries at that point and she laughed. "Only if you know how to make a blueberry cobbler", she joked. I spnet the next couple days slamming raw blueberries. No biggie......I love 'em. But 2 days was enough....and they were going to start shriveling sooon. Or worse. I Googled blueberry pie recipes. This is the one I used. I was lame and bought some crusts in the freezer section. I followed the rest of the recipe straight....bumped up the starch a bit, because I like a less runny pie. Next time I may add some more cinnamon.....it's subtle, but it adds a nice sweet/spice thing.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/blueberry-pie/

Also, I'm trying to watch calories, so I bought some frozen yogurt to top it with instead of ice cream. It was OK, but ice cream is a million times better....the pie is good enough to cover fro-yo's shortcomings.

• Like Like x 1
  8. demiro

demiro Serious Compacts For Life

Dec 15, 2011
    Too bad she's a spammer. Looked like a decent effort from the lowly P510 at full zoom. I was hoping for some tips, as it is my main camera at the moment...

9. Djarum

Djarum SC All-Pro

Jul 10, 2010
    Huntsville, AL
    Jason
    I love blackberry cobbler. Peach is popular down here but I can't stand cooked peaches. I love blueberries but only in pancakes or muffins. Smoothies too. I'll have to give that recipe a shot.