1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

This morning in my garage

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by wrangler, Apr 23, 2013.

1. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    This is what I found on my garage floor this morning (April 23). I've always been enthralled with frost patterns.

K-01, 40 mm xs

Attached Files:

2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    wow, that reminds me of the flower pattern that was in a door window of my parents' house as I was growing up - cool!

3. Very cool. Very flowery.

4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    That's really cool. I was wondering at first if it was a heavily processed image! Nice!!!

5. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    Thanks, No processing outside of the camera. Jpeg with in. Camera square crop, and B&W.

6. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    I always wondered where the Paisley design came from

7. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    It's the natural effect of ice crystals forming in a thin film of water on the floor from the snow melt from my wife's car. I'm not an engineer, or scientist, but I think the thickness of water film and temperature have to be in a pretty narrow range for this to occur. An hour later, the ice was melted and the pattern never to be seen again.

8. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    just stunning. Mother Nature is some kind of artist. I wonder how many other masterpieces we never even get to see.

9. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    I'd bet that I have missed this many times since I have lived here in Minnesota. The K-01 just happened to be handy this morning.

10. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    I painted the house render before xmas & it froze overnight - I can see this everyday now in the right light

11. wrangler

wrangler SC Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    SW Minnesota
    Dennis Ulrich
    Now, that's cool! You also got it frozen in time. I wonder if it will affect the paint life?

12. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Paint life Schhpaint Life
    I hate Paisley its just too sixties
    it will be painted over