Thoughts on a Winter PAD theme

TheRubySusan

Top Veteran
Name
Ruby
Since 2008, every winter I have vowed to get my catalogue up-to-date and to systematically work through post processing tutorials instead of pushing sliders around almost at random. Every winter Seasonal Affective Disorder stops me in my tracks. If it's attractive to others, I'd like to see a PAD for December, January, or February that was inclusive of photos dug out of the "archives" and freshly edited as well as photos taken during the month.

January seems like it would be a natural calendar-wise for starting anew with some fresh processing takes on old photos. I think December is just too busy with the holidays to get a big enough group to commit.

You can count me in.

Nah this is different. It encourages you to recycle old pictures with new post processing. I like it. Could be a cure for GAS. Grumpy Polly might even like this!

I expect to see lots of neat images from this so I'm all for it

pity I don't have Silver Efex, Nik & the like so I'll just have to muddle through as normal

I'm in on that one too. I have a large selection of film images I haven't scanned in yet. Would be a good opportunity to look back at som eof those images.

I hear you! I bought a scanner two years ago specifically to scan slides and negatives. I've never gotten it out of the box!

Unfortunately I lost most of my catalog of digital images made before July of 2006 when a seeking arm on a USB drive failed and shattered the disk plate. I was in the middle of backing up the drive. I still have the drive tucked away in a box to remind me to backup in two places. One local, one remote. :(

However, I've taken a lot of photos since then and this sounds like a great challenge! (y)

Well... gee.... I did not remember that I had already responded to this. Where's my brain? :( Also, the scanner isn't happening. It refuses to play with Mavericks and Epson has no plans to bring out a new driver so that it will. Thanks for nothing, Epson. So now, I have TWO scanners which are unusable with my current OS. I'm going to get rid of them and get one of those that just scan to an SD card. Over it.

Back