three white

If my photographs so offend your aesthetic sense, Gary, perhaps you would prefer it if I simply stopped posting altogether?

I like the stark simplicity of this post............as much as I like the stark simplicity of Gary's sense of humour. I understand both and appreciate both.

I like Paul's photos, and Gary's acerbic wit. I also like puppies and long walks on the beach.

On a more serious note, I saw these earlier in the day and they all looked totally different, but tonight I'm having a hard time differentiating them. I think the photos speak volumes about the difference a few moments can make (or maybe perspective). While an economy of images is something I appreciate, sometimes images speak more loudly when presented in groups of 2, 3 or 15.

I'd like to see them presented side by side in a triptych where I don't need to scroll through them. I'm a total rube, but what do you think of that option?

isn't art ambiguous eh? The cause of discussion....what it means? the original intention of the creator....the interpretation by the audience?

Makings of an interesting thread.

Pete, I agree 100%. I feel like doing my own version of this, but where black replaces white since it's nearing midnight here. But alas, I'm too sleepy.

But maybe my black cat will hold still.

Each is a different study in light & texture. The triptych idea goes back a long way in art history. It works with photography. Steiglitz and his cloud 'equivalents' began the tradition.

I noticed the window patterns the first time and thought it was a cool documentation of time via the movement of the sun which was why I suggested a triptych. But the second time I looked I saw the perspective was also changing. lower and lower down the wall. It's simple but it works and has a natural high key feel.

Back