Ricoh Tokyo - Asakusa

PZilla

Name
Pete
Was in Japan with the family in April, and went for a walk around Asakusa and Tokyo Skytree on my tod one day when my wife and son were resting. Decided to take my GR instead of the X100T I'd just bought ( after selling my X100 ) Just love the GR for casually walking around with. Really can't be beaten.

I shoot RAW and process based on the B&W settings from the Ricoh Jpegs. Sometime ago I show some RAW+JPEG files using the B&W filters and made lightroom presets to match the JPEGS as close as possible.

17068836360_2aa522d8e1_c.jpg
Choice
by Peter Lourenco, on Flickr

17181546460_11800b56fa_c.jpg
Asakusa

17071609069_3b729a0352_c.jpg
View

17325640836_f36ecc05ab_c.jpg
People burning incense at Senso-ji Temple

16731359093_0b75f5d84a_c.jpg
Love goggles

17325640536_2029751522_c.jpg
GR010304

Those are some fantastic images. It almost seems like something you have to do, to shoot Japan with a GR.

Do you have any thoughts about the GR vs the X100T? I have an original X100 and as much as I like it as a camera, I still prefer my GR for general walkabout shooting. Being able to stow a high quality camera in a pocket but still have it ready to shoot at a moment's notice is something I value highly.

Those are some fantastic images. It almost seems like something you have to do, to shoot Japan with a GR.

Do you have any thoughts about the GR vs the X100T? I have an original X100 and as much as I like it as a camera, I still prefer my GR for general walkabout shooting. Being able to stow a high quality camera in a pocket but still have it ready to shoot at a moment's notice is something I value highly.

I do think the files from the original X100 were nicer, but I needed the extra speed of the X100T in order to keep up with my fast moving son :) It's a trade off I knew I had to make.

Regarding the X100T and GR. The GR is ALWAYS in my bag, as it's so so small and fast to pull out and shoot with, like you mention - at a moments notice. The X100T tends to come out for trips with the family. I do prefer the files from the X100T but both are great.

Nice...I really like 'View' and 'Love Goggles'. Tokyo would be such an amazing place to visit...I missed out on a recent trip to Tokyo thanks to work but luckily for me another is the works. A pocket rocket like a GR or a Nikon A would be a wonderful tool to take to Tokyo....as your shots have shown.

Back