Touch of Klasse

Discussion in 'Film Camera Forum' started by stillshunter, Apr 21, 2012.

1. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Many of you would know that I've started dabbling in film. It all started with the taster that Brian sent - the Canonet QL17L. I had since sourced some film and had it developed by a great guy at work. But recently I bought myself the camera I always wanted..the Ricoh GR1v...well not exactly as I opted for a model without the parts/service issues and with a more normal lens...so here it is the Fuji Klasse S. Honestly for my purposes it is perfect! :cloud-9-039: Small, sharp and serious (aka manual where I need it most...and Full Frame :thumbup:).

Well the first roll of Tmax 400 that came out from her was also the first roll I have developed myself. It was touch and go, but out the other end I am completely and utterly converted. If you've not souped your own negatives, then please put it on your list of things to do before you die! DEFINITELY!!!! I am now addicted wholesale! Also this was the first time I used my $10 scanner in anger. I think she did well the little Epson V300.

I posted a few images earlier in reply to the W/NW Dog thread....as they must outnumber cat photos :wink:

But, I digress and talk is cheap...

[​IMG]
    winding road by stillshunter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    driveway by stillshunter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    driveway by stillshunter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    brewing by stillshunter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    new life cursed by stillshunter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    understory by stillshunter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    bridge and water by stillshunter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    sunset on lichen by stillshunter, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    guardian of the road by stillshunter, on Flickr

• Like Like x 1
  2. defektive

defektive SC Veteran

May 4, 2011
    Tasmania, Australia
    Sam
    Beautiful work Mark. Can't wait to get back into film and follow in your footsteps!

• Like Like x 1
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Nice images with a soft grain. Must get my Canonet EE out and shoot a roll.

• Like Like x 1
  4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Now I hear my Minolta calling me. Especially since i managed to UNjam the shutter release.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    gorgeous, Mark.
    Must load up my Hexar...

• Like Like x 1
  6. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Four comments, and all talking about firing up film cameras. This is the sincerest form of flattery indeed. Thank you all! :blush: Be glad to pass on the mantle that Brian handed to me late last year.

I'm really loving film, and shooting is less than the half of it. Playing alchemist and watching negatives that you've focused such attention on emerge, glistening, from the tank is a buzz I've not felt in my many years with digital. Honestly! Can't wait to experience the further thrill of printing my own negatives in the darkroom - dodging, burning like they have for over a hundred years and, again, watching what comes out of the soup.

7. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Terrific, Mark! I am actually waiting for my order of a Patterson tank, chemicals and other assorted bits to arrive from B&H so I can start playing mad scientist myself. We'll see how it goes... :smile:

Cheers,

Antonio

• Like Like x 1
  8. marlof

marlof Trying to focus Subscribing Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Marlof
    Wow, it sounds like you're in for some fun, Mark. Well done!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Superb. I have to learn how to develop. With all my film cameras if I don't I really won't be able to afford to use them so much.

• Like Like x 1