Tour de France (UK Leg)

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Petach, Jul 8, 2014.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Must have been spectacular to see! And probably you had to get up early to get a good spot. Smart too to choose a spot in a corner!
    Thanks for sharing.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Wow, great set of images and No.1 is a real winner and would make a great poster promoting competitive cycling or cycling magazines - stuuning and I love the editing!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well done, great location

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Love 'em Pete. I'd love to see some of the Tour someday, maybe in Paris or on some Alp. Those guys are absolute freaks. I used to ride a lot and I knew people who'd raced in Europe but in the lower levels of the sport, who either couldn't make the big time or weren't willing to dope. And THEY were absolute freaks, even in their 40's, and they were the one's who COULDN'T cut it. It's a dirty sport, but I think most of them are. And I love watching those guys, whatever they're doing...

-Ray

• Like Like x 1
  5. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    whoops, had an attack of the yips and clicked on "report post" rather than "thanks". My apologies and my thanks for your comment. (my index finger on the right hand taps out a morse code of nonsense on the mouse button now and again...very frustrating indeed)

6. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    thanks for the comments all. Got there 4 hours before the start to get a good spot, then it was all over in about 1 minute!!!!

7. nickthetasmaniac

nickthetasmaniac SC Veteran

Jan 20, 2014
    Launceston & Sydney
    Nick Clark
    Great shots and it was great watching the UK stages - so many people!

Looking forward to the cobbles tonight :smile: