Sigma Tower 27 in Color

Awww you KNEW you had a good one there. Great shot.
Thanks a lot Kyle. I appreciate your comments.

Not sure I knew exactly that I had a good one there but I certainly felt the need to make the shot. I had walked past a lifeguard tower earlier and noted how the setting sun was filtering through it's windows. It wasn't convenient to shoot at that moment as I was walking with a beloved companion whom I was compelled to obey (my wife!:cautious:) and stopping wasn't in the cards at that moment. However, next one with open windows and I made the shot! Did several actually. Some in monochrome, some in color. Thanks again, Kyle.

I've very recently ditched/sold my Fuji X gear and now moved to the DP Merrill's, within the past week I've bought both the DP1 and DP2, still getting used to these...

Should be ordering the DP3 within next few weeks or so to have the full set.

:)

Hi Ken;

I had both a X-Pro 1 & X-E 1 and four Fuji primes for just under two years, was happy ok with the X system. But what actually swayed it for me was looking at MANY images shot with the DP1/2/3 Merrill's and the true realism the images portrayed, amazing photographic results, so beautiful and real looking, amazing. I don't think the Fuji's can do that, it may come close....

So I decided only last week to sell all my Fuji gear and start making the switch into the DP Merrill system.

Over the moon so far, a bit to learn yet, but loving the fixed lens DP system!

I posted my 2 ct on that issue some time ago. No matter what I shoot, what lens I use, whatever I do in PP ... , monitor, magnification, print size, ... - right next to images from my NEX-7 (even with the less than stellar 1855 kit lens or the same lens via adapters) the Fuji images look pretty flat, like images, 2 dimensional, sometimes even with a painterly character - whereas the images from the NEX pop like you're actually looking at the scene you've captured; the RAWs have far more microcontrast to start with. If it weren't for the obvious advantages of Fuji X and the lack of alternatives for my needs I would have sold that stuff already long ago.
Enjoy your Sigmas, Pete, I'll be shooting some film in the meantime, got some fresh stuff coming in these days.

Well said that man. Which film cameras do you shoot with Ken?

Yea my fridge is getting pretty stuffed with 120 film, now looking for separate dedicated fridge to store my stocks of 120 films for my RZ67.

Have fun! Looking forward to viewing your film results.

Regards;
peter

I've been mainly a Nikon and MF (Blad (sold), Fuji GL690) shooter but I'm still in the process of moving my stuff 4000km down south so everything is packed and stored away waiting to be shipped one day. Next to my digital gear I only have my old developing stuff (of all things, lol) and some legacy glass lying around. I'll pick up an F2, F3 or FMx and some extra glass these days; I've been missing that direct no-nonsense experience for too long already - got a decent stash of some of the last Neopan 400 waiting in the fridge.
(I've seen your RZ67 over at 'ForeverFilm', once I'm through with that bl..dy move I'll probably get one and a decent scanner myself.)
Looking forward to see some more of your images too!

Cheers,
Ken

Back