Fuji Travelling lighter today, physically and mentally.

Really tempted re RX100.

I'm not, yet... But I am getting closer to stripping myself of all my Pentax gear. Not that theres anything wrong with it... just that I hardly ever use it. I haven't bought a new camera since last November, and I won't be getting anything new this year (unless...) If you haven't got a really healthy income, it has to stop somewhere... and thats me... champagne taste, beer pocket.

Been walking about last few days, with the only camera left in the house (E-p2). And using only one lens (sigma 30mm, 2.8). The wife and I sharing one camera. The first time in many years. Yes, I have other lenses (old MF ones). Not feeling too cramped, except for close up. I have adapters for that.
Doing some evaluation. I do mostly outdoor stuff, with occasional family/church events, wedding, birthday, etc (not primary photographer).
Do I get another m4/3, to share the lenses, flash, etc.? Or something else to expand the capability? Not necessarily asking for advice, though opinions are certainly welcome, just thinking out loud. I am not a novice, just got too many choices out here, and very limited budget.
May just get the Panasonic GX-1 body, and call it good.
This thread has been a very interesting read,....again!

Luke
Yeah, I just have to wait for the funds from the E-620 sale to be available. Maybe, the GX1 sale will be still around. If not, there is Ebay, or maybe a forum member will decide to move out something nice.

I'm sure the classifieds here and on mu43 will be ripe for the picking this autumn with the slew of new cameras being unleashed. The only thing better than new cameras, is the bunch of used cameras that they spur on.

I'm trying to rely on the X10, which is pretty good. I admit, however, that I also grab the EPL-1 with the 17. It's not really very big, and the IQ is often very impressive.

it has to stop somewhere... and thats me... champagne taste, beer pocket.
Me too. My baby starts college. Her second semester is when I might have to part with my dslr, so maybe I'll do something then or maybe I will just make wise use of the film cameras and such that I have.

Ahhh but the RX100 is the Guinness Foreign Extra of cameras!
..and you do not make behaving easy!

I'm sure the classifieds here and on mu43 will be ripe for the picking this autumn with the slew of new cameras being unleashed. The only thing better than new cameras, is the bunch of used cameras that they spur on.
So very true!

Back