Trevi Fountain in Italy - how wide of a lens will I need?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Armanius, May 4, 2011.

1. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    In the future, I'd like to travel to Italy. One of the places I want to visit is the Trevi Fountain. I've been told that it's located in a pretty cramped area, and that I'd need a super-wide lens to capture the entire fountain in one image.

Anyone with experience taking photos of the Trevi Fountain? And if yes, how wide of a lens would I need for the job? Would 28mm (in equivalent focal length) be wide enough? Or do I need super wide stuff?

Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Thanks Ray! Those photos give me a much better idea of how much space I have in front of the fountain! I think the Oly m9-18 should do the trick. Not sure if I'd be able to stand right in front, and capture the whole thing with the 14/2.5 though. 9mm should do the trick though.

Any idea what those behinds in front of the fountain, in front of the steps are? Hotel? A photo from the third floor looking at the fountain would be great!

4. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    No idea. Sorry. If it is a hotel, it's likely VERY expensive and difficult to get into if you're not a paying customer...

-Ray