News "Trigger" has died

BillN

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill
Maybe only known to the UK, Roger Lloyd Pack has died

Famous in a TV programme called "Only Fools and Horses" - he appeared in a very funny sketch, (he is the man in the blue suit)

see the sketch on the following link, (cannot post the vid direct!), and I hope the non-Brits appreciate the humour, (as well as the Brits of course)

Trigger is a road sweeper in the programme

RIP Trig

Roger Lloyd Pack, star of Only Fools and Horses, dies aged 69

A fine comic actor.

I had a (very) brief encounter with him once. He was asking for directions at the counter of a restaurant at BBC TV Centre and I was the next person in the queue. Completely unmistakable as Trigger, even out of character.

Now both TV Centre and Roger Lloyd Pack have gone.

-R

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/HDg9q0Af6zw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I'll make this the last - but the guy was a unique

Well, despite those of us "this side of the pond" who might have been momentarily confused, Happy Trails to Roger Lloyd Pack; may he rest in laughter and light.

Yes, very sad. Makes me feel old when people from the shows I watched growing up getting old and dying off. Last year Captain Peacock and Warden Hodges also passed away. Private Pike is 67,the Likely Lads are both pushing 80 and Arthur Daley in nearly 90!

I know; I remember about ten years ago seeing an actor on TV who had been generally considered a sex-pot in his youth, which was roughly at the same time as mine, and saying to myself, "What the hell happened to him?" Until I remembered 30 years had passed since that movie I remembered, and that what had happened to him was the very same thing that had happened to me.

Back