Trip to Bath, UK

Discussion in 'Fuji X100 Forum' started by Iansky, Dec 15, 2011.

1. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Well, we ventured to Bath today and I managed to give the X100 a run at street - very happy, good to use both screen and OVF when it suited - the totally silent operation is a real benefit as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 11
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Nice set Ian, there's something to look at in each of them. I like the 5th one, the lady with her eyes shut for a moment.

3. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    it's an impossibly photogenic place, and you were only yards from both LCE & Ace Cameras!
    lovely handling of dof & exposure & lovely tones ...

4. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Ian, lovely evocative set. Impeccable as usual. Sharp, precise and with a clipped moustach 50's feel about them

5. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thanks all, it was a fun afternoon and the wife gave me time to do my thing while she did her shopping!!

I am really starting to like this X100 and contrary to comments from others, I am finding the AF to be more than satisfactory for street and coupled with the silent operation and auto ISO combination, I was able to set it on f4 and shoot away.

PDH - you are right, I always look in their windows and have done some business with Ace in the past as well as LCE (I purchased my GF1 from that shop 2yrs ago).

Here are some more

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  6. pawzitiv

pawzitiv SC Regular

Another beautiful set of images from you, Ian and, despite working with a new camera, all have your signature style.

More proof that the most important part of a camera is the 12" behind it.

7. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog S.C. Charter Member

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    very nice, beautiful tones

8. Hauki

Hauki SC Regular

Dec 2, 2011
    Somerset, England
    Superb set of images.

9. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Superb set of images there. Bath is such a wonderful place to take a camera.

10. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thank you all for the kind words.

Bath is a lovely place and good for street work as well as cityscapes.

I am lucky enough to have a wife who gives me the freedom to wander off and do my photography while she does her shopping bits (I always use the excuse that my little excursions are cheaper than shopping).......well once the kit has been purchased:whoo:

• Like Like x 2
  11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Ian, thanks so much for taking us along...I'd rather be with you and my camera than shopping any day! :wink: I'm so happy that you're happy with your X100. Arie, is right about the key being the person behind the camera, but it's awfully nice to feel at one with the camera one's using.

12. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    Very nice set. I like the processing and I agree with Christilou, the lady with her eyes closed is my favorite.

13. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Thank you all for the kind comments - I really am starting to feel comfortable with the X100 and it is superb to carry and use.

14. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    I'm sorry that I arrived at thread a little late! This is great work Ian and each image has an interesting story to tell. So glad you're enjoying the X100 and you really seem to have a way with it. Judging by your composition you have really gotten into the scene with the subjects - and some are well within their comfort zones. So hats off to you for your street style.

Excellent PP too by the way. Nice balanced tones.

Very keen to see more!

15. nikki

nikki SC Top Veteran

Sep 12, 2011
    Dublin ,Ireland
    amazing photos Ian, makes me want to go out and buy an x100!

16. Sapphie

Sapphie SC Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    Devon, UK
    Great stuff. I am not brave enough to do 'street' - not sure really how I feel about intruding on others' space. Mind you, looks like nobody even noticed you were there!

However, how could you? Leave the wife to cope with shopping on her own whilst you had such fun? Hmn ....

Lee

17. Sapphie

Sapphie SC Regular

Oct 8, 2011
    Devon, UK
    Go buy one. Life is too sort not to etc etc

Lee

• Like Like x 1
  18. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Sapphie, you will be pleased to hear that the shopping my wife had to cope with was purely for her - clothes..............I hope I am excused as there are only so many ways to tell her she looks "good in that".

Better to let her discuss it with herself that way I don't get blamed if she doesn't like it later......................joking!!

Nikki - don't ponder and in the words of Nike - "Just do it" - it is a great camera and I am sure you would not regret it - let me know how you get on and if you do take the plunge.

Good luck,
    Ian

• Like Like x 1