Sigma Tripod recommendations for the Merrill?

lattiboy

Regular
Hi all,

I'm finding out quite quickly that a tripod should've been included with the Merrill's. I've never been a "tripod guy". I've owned a few for some light video stuff (fluid heads), but I've never been able to find an extremely lightweight, portable tripod I could get behind.

I will seldom use anything larger than a GX7, so weight capacity is very low on my list.

Looking for something that retracts into the smallest possible package, but is still able to expand to a reasonable height. (I'm 6'8", so this is kind of important!)

Thanks!

When I had the Merrill cameras I tended to treat them as medium format film cameras and rarely shot a hand held picture. I had arca style grips on all three (knockoffs-not RRS brand) and used a Manfrotto CF tripod with a small ballhead. The ballhead had the arca style QR. This allowed me to quickly move from vertical to horizontal shots without changing anything on the ballhead. I also found that the grips gave me better handling of the cameras and another layer of protection on both ends; something I need in the field as I can sometimes be clumsy.

Back