Tripped by Old Broad..............

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Petach, Jan 9, 2014.

1. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    ............Street.

Got ya attention.

I tripped over on an uneven pavement yesterday in Old Broad Street, London, and fell headlong into a busy road. My X100S was on a strap around my neck. My 6d with 70-300L was in my Billingham. I smashed my head on the road and was unconscious for about a minute (apparently) I am told that when I came 'round I asked someone to take a photo with the Fuji for the forum as it would make a great street shot. Always on duty!!!

I am OK. Bruised dignity, wrenched thumb ligament and a graze with bump over my left brow, my whole body aches after 17stone of my frame hit the deck

Importantly, no camera was hurt in this episode.

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    and the photo..... ?

seriously Pete.... I'm getting worried about you. Are you alright?

3. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Now now. Fess up. You were texting, were you??

Seriously, glad to hear you're OK. I understand the bruised dignity. Sometimes I think I fear embarrassment more than being hurt. Glad about your cameras, too, but mostly happy that you are OK. Heal quickly.

4. Biro

Biro SC All-Pro

Aug 7, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Yikes! Out cold for a minute! That's nothing to laugh about. I hope you're feeling better and your recovery is a quick one. But where's the photo?

5. As said, glad everything is ok. Passing out is not good.

The added bonus of no camera damage is a blessing.

6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Glad yer OK, Pete. But, ya know... photo, or it didn't happen :laugh1:

7. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Get checked out, Pete. Problems from a fall like that can surface in the days to come. Hope you are ok.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Richard

Richard SC Top Veteran

Feb 1, 2013
    Marlow, UK
    If you went over on a sticking up piece of paving slab or similar, you should take a picture of the offending article too, in case you need to take action against the local authority somewhere down the line.

You may need to move quickly for this, or maybe someone could do it on your behalf. In my experience councils sometimes remove trip hazards very smartly after someone's had an accident.

-R

9. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Surprising how problems can surface a few days after - take it carefully & keep well

10. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Had the same though as Luke. I hope you're OK. Must have a scary. I wish you well.

11. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Oh dear, it happens. I'm only going to echo what the others have said, check it out as these things can fester and turn into something quite nasty!

12. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Peter - a fall bad enough to result in concussion and unconsciousness must not be taken lightly.

It is not too late to go to a&e, please go as soon as possible.

You need at the very least to have a head scan to ensure there's no slow bleed.

13. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Blimey!! - Sounds nasty, Pete. As already mentioned, being out cold for any amount of time is never a good thing so take it easy for a few days and straight to A&E if you start feeling odd.

D

14. Judderman62

Judderman62 SC Regular

Mar 24, 2013
    Greater Manchester, UK
    Mike
    agree with this ^