Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by pictor, Jun 1, 2014.

1. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    Today I visited a great Tutankhamun exhibition, which I enjoyed a lot! This exhibition will be done in some other cities worldwide, such that some of you might be able to see it. At the moment some of our American friends can visit the exhibition in Cansas.

Tutankhamun by pictor / strolling shooter, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 10
  2. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    • Like Like x 7
  3. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    • Like Like x 5
  4. pictor

pictor SC All-Pro

Jul 14, 2010
    • Like Like x 6
  5. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Fascinating, fascinating. Egyptology is a very fascinating subject personally.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    Mindblowing amount of riches for an apparently very minor pharaoh. Makes you wonder whatthe really big ones got. Incredible to think how long ago all this was going on!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Neat shots from a fascinating period of time.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Isnt it though! A woman I went to school with ended up becoming an Egyptologist (we both loved Ancient History) and now she's retired from lecturing, does lecture tours with a tour company, taking people to Egypt (well, not since all the unrest, but she was doing it a few times a year, getting paid to spend time enthusing over her pet subject, en place)

Hope this lot comes to Oz, I'll be heading to wherever it is, to have a squiz. Tom will be boarded as necessary.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    In the Tutankhamun Exhibit at the Cairo Museum they have more artefacts than they know what to do with, and in fact the entire Museum gives that same impression.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    • Like Like x 1