Ricoh Tv + full snap - DOF scale

strawhat20

Rookie
Has anyone noticed when using Tv with full snap, the DOF scale disappears. Av, TAv and manual mode shows the scale as expected. Am I missing a setting somewhere or could this be a bug or design choice? Looking through the menu, it seems the DOF scale is more for manual focus mode then for snap focus.

I forget but isn't Tv shutter priority mode? If so, showing a DOF scale would be meaningless or, worse, misleading, since the DOF is determined by the aperture and the aperture is a floating, always changing variable in shutter priority. The camera itself doesn't know the DOF until the moment of exposure when it's calculated the necessary aperture. By which time of course it's not particularly useful to the shooter. It shows in Av, TAv, and M because the aperture is a fixed variable set by the user in each if those modes.

-Ray

I'm pretty sure that's TAv on the GR Sue. Tv is shutter priority if I remember correctly... "Time Value" maybe???

-Ray

Slapping self upside da head!! Of course you are right, and indeed Tv is shutter priority. When I first went pentax I thought shutter should be Sv, but thats ISO. (Sensivity value I suppose). I really wasnt thinking when I replied before. Too long away from the DSLR.

Back