1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Two weddings in a month

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by lattiboy, Aug 28, 2013.

1. lattiboy

lattiboy SC Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Had the chance to go to two weddings in August. Was the "backup" for my friends to their pro people. It's great! All the joy of shooting a big gathering, with none of the pressure! .... or money....

Anyway, mostly shot the reception as I found the ceremony itself to be wildly boring. Weird lighting everywhere!

All taken with the NEX-6 and 50mm f/1.8 OIS combo. (except the last, which is a cropped shot from the RX100)

DSC06529.

DSC06586.

DSC06471.

DSC06340.

DSC06624.

DSC01576.

2. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    All very good shots, the 1st one for me is extra-good!

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    nice shots. I also especially love the first one. But frankly, I'd rather go the dentist than to a wedding.

4. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    What if it's your dentist who's getting hitched?

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Well, he's already married so someone better tell his wife! :rofl:

6. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    Great collection of shots; I love the first also. I have to say though that if I personally never get asked to shoot another wedding again it'll be too soon!

7. lattiboy

lattiboy SC Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Thanks all. I should say the first pic everybody likes is actually pulled down almost 3 stops. I was going for high key when I shot, but decided on clear and level. The recovery potential of the files from the 6 are simply amazing.