uk digital cameras.co.uk

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by daveyboy123, Apr 15, 2013.

1. daveyboy123

daveyboy123 New to SC

Apr 14, 2013
    Teignmouth, Devon
    Has anyone used this shop in the UK? They have told me their stock is UK spec with English plug/manual etc but I just wondered if anyone here has used them?

2. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    There is some sort of tracker or affiliate program attached to this link...

3. daveyboy123

daveyboy123 New to SC

Apr 14, 2013
    Teignmouth, Devon
    Its just a link to the website that I am asking about.....I suppose I can try and remove it as the name of the company is in the subject....

4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    a bit of googling reveals it's a trading name of fotosense, of whom I have heard but never used.
    Doesn't seem to be dodgy - they give a landline number and the address of their premises.

5. daveyboy123

daveyboy123 New to SC

Apr 14, 2013
    Teignmouth, Devon
    Yeah,they seem legit as you say. I emailed and they replied quickly saying they are a UK company etc I just wondered if any forum users had used them.

6. nippa

nippa SC Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    It's worth checking the postal address by using Google Street Mapping to see if the physical address is anything other than a Virtual Office Front.
    I think I've seen this question come up on DPReview so it might be worth searching their site.
    Buy with a credit card and you should be protected.

7. daveyboy123

daveyboy123 New to SC

Apr 14, 2013
    Teignmouth, Devon
    It seems they are a part of fotosense judging from this forum thread

UK Digital Cameras - Talk Photography

I may ring fotosense before ordering. I want to use UK digital cameras as they seem to have the best UK price for the LX7. I will let you know how I get on.

8. daveyboy123

daveyboy123 New to SC

Apr 14, 2013
    Teignmouth, Devon
    I phoned fotosense and they are both the same company. I bought the camera from uk digital cameras, all good and got delivered the next day. Very pleased!