Un hommage à "Kyle Krug"

Thank you, Paul - I am honored!

Man, you get some fantastic stuff with that XA. Do you do much in PP, or just a straight scan most of the time?

Hehe ... Glad you like it Kyle ... Hoped this would amuse as well as compliment. And complement too I hope.
As for pp ... The developers and methods I'm using at the moment yield rather low contrast negatives so get a bit of a work in lr. Though not a huge amount - an auto.tone is usually more than enough. I want to preserve the film look.
I did a little bit more to this one as I cropped it a tiny bit and added a split tone and a smidge of vignette.

Hoped this would amuse as well as compliment

Yes, on both counts. :D

As for pp ... The developers and methods I'm using at the moment yield rather low contrast negatives so get a bit of a work in lr. Though not a huge amount - an auto.tone is usually more than enough. I want to preserve the film look.
I did a little bit more to this one as I cropped it a tiny bit and added a split tone and a smidge of vignette.

Are you going through the local drugstore, or cheap processor, for developing and then scanning at home?

For almost everything I'm developing at home.

The odd roll of C41 colour (i.e. ordinary colour print film) will go to the local minilab so they can scratch it and impregnate it with dust and hair in their tanks, but all my B&W goes through the tank at home.

C41 colour films can also be developed in black & white chemistry, so I sometimes do that for a bit of fun too.

For scanning I have a Plustek 7600i (I think the model designation might be different in the US), as recommended by Antonio and Barrie. It's very good, but will only handle 35mm film (a flatbed could do 120 and perhaps 4x5 so that is a limitation) plus it won't automatically batch scan (so it can be a bit time-consuming)

I slightly can't believe I'm about to make this comparison ... but having the option to put different film types in, and develop them in different ways with different developers, is a bit like having interchangeable sensors ... dozens of them :D

Back