1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Unable to add a photo to a post

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by grebeman, Oct 16, 2013.

1. grebeman

grebeman Old Codgers Group

Jul 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Having cured the problem with uploading a photograph to the gallery there now appears to be a problem with adding a photo in the gallery to a post. In attempting to do this the following error message has appeared "Photo Popup Error #2: missing config file"

Is anyone else experiencing this problem?

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  2. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Me :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. grebeman

Jul 13, 2010
    Barrie
    Hmm, something else that Amin will hopefully pick up and put his skills to the test once again!

4. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Barrie and Christina, you two must have forgotten to pay your monthly dues. I'll PM you a link to my ... I mean ... Amin's PayPal account.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. grebeman

Jul 13, 2010
    Barrie
    For information I have pm'd Amin with the fault message which to me suggests a file is either missing, corrupt or out of date. Hopefully he will find the time to investigate this in due course.

Barrie

• Like Like x 1
  6. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    this is rather curious, as I successfully added a photograph to the gallery and then added it to a thread without error a couple of hours after your OP, Barrie.

intermittent faults are the bane of those trying to correct them, so I hope Amin is feeling patient ...

• Like Like x 1
  7. grebeman

Jul 13, 2010
    Barrie
    Paul,

I was well used to trying to find intermittent faults during my working career, however for me this is not an intermittent fault, I have tried several times at varying intervals, including 2 minutes ago, and the result is consistent, a failure to bring up the pop up window containing my gallery images, replaced with a message about a missing config file together with further detailed information.

Barrie

8. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Me too Barrie, I spent a lot of time in chilly server rooms watching traces and trying to track down such failures.
    I understand it is not intermittent for you, but it is intermittent in the sense that not everyone is experiencing the same issue while doing the same things.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I've identified the problem and will be able to fix it tonight after work. In the meanwhile, if you are viewing an image in the gallery, to the right of it you will see a section that says "Additional info" and in that section there is code for "Linked Image". If you copy that code and paste it in your post, it will display correctly.

• Like Like x 3
  10. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Thanks. That works.

11. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I found a way to put back the My Photos button (now located in bottom left corner of reply box), but it doesn't seem to always work. Sometimes I select the image, and it won't insert into my post unless I close the reply box, re-open it, and try a second time. For now, it's the best I can manage. Otherwise, the alternative is copying the BBcode from the gallery and pasting it into the post.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Having a problem with Gallery - recent uploads don't show so I can't link to them