Unusual Furniture

It was designed by a very very long torso'd one-armed man... For others of his ilk...

Kinda cool, but I think it needs a left armed version on the other side of the table...

-Ray

It was designed by a very very long torso'd one-armed man... For others of his ilk...

Kinda cool, but I think it needs a left armed version on the other side of the table...

-Ray

Ray,
There was the left arm version on the other side! Could not get it into the photo since I only had the 45mm lens with me.
Don

a couple years back I found this stereo egg chair at a thrift store. I bought it for $25, took it home to photograph my pets on it, and then sold it the next day for $100. It was MUCH uglier in person, though VERY comfy........ and the built-in speakers still worked (though they sounded like garbage).

4543370842_4f623d8dae_z.jpg
Charles in the egg
by Luke, on Flickr
Luke,
That chair is a hoot. Reminds of the round chair they used in the old 60's TV show 'The Prisoner'.
If was for No.1 or was it No.2, I can't remember.

In my next life I want to come back as an industrial designer - it seems that there is more freedom and buyer willingness to accept modern contemporary design.
Whereas in architecture (& especially the UK domestic market) tested formulas rule - put up something Victorian / Edwardian & the housebuilders & public love it.
OK there are plenty of retro designs within product markets but usually there is a need for the design to be modern up to date - more refreshing, more exciting & (better paid too).

image.jpg

Back