Updated: Bilzmale and stillshunter stepping down as Super Moderators

Discussion in 'Site Information' started by Amin Sabet, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I am sad to announce that Bilzmale will be leaving the moderation team here at Serious Compacts. Moderating is a lot more work than most people realize, and Bill's been a wonderful moderator for some 15 months. I'm happy to say that Bill indicated he is planning to remain an active member.

As most of you know, Bill has done all the heavy lifting related to The Weekly Challenge. Without Bill, Mark (stillshunter) and I will be the only two moderating for now, and the WC will be temporarily on hold and likely in for some changes.

Our coffee chat/off topic area "Bill's Pub" will remain named for it's first publican

I want to thank Bill for helping us so much here at Serious Compacts!

Update: Mark (stillshunter) is also resigning his mod duties. Please see here for details: https://www.photographerslounge.org...n-super-moderator-10424/index2.html#post83561
    • Like Like x 8
  2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    ooh that's a shame.
    but nothing stays still.
    Bill has always been wonderfully clear and diplomatic in moderating.
    with a bit of luck he'll want to post more photos now ...
    • Like Like x 4
  3. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Well I'm glad to hear that Bill's at least staying with us :smile: Thanks for the good work!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    I, too, want to add my sincere thanks to Bill for all that he's given to us out in the front of the house on Serious Compacts, as well as behind the scenes. I'm not sure how many years I've known Bill. We first got to know each other over on Mu43, however one thing I am sure about is that Bill has always been incredibly helpful, honest and, in addition, always a true gentleman.

Bill, I'm with Paul in that I hope we'll see many more of your photographs down the line. Enjoy your "retirement"!:th_salute::flowers_2: And I look forward to seeing you here when you're able to drop in! :friends:
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Here's to a fine publican and a finer moderator. Your work will be missed. Thank you for your service!
  6. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Thanks for all you have done, Bill. Does that mean it's your round?
  7. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Appreciate the hard work, Bill!
  8. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Thank you Bill for your excellent work!!!
  9. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    Thanks Bill. Keep posting.
  10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Oh yes, Bill, thank you so much. Glad you'll still be hanging around though :)
  11. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada

Thanks for all your contributions!
  12. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran

Jul 7, 2010
    It's a lot of hard work, keeping any site like this going.

Thankyou, glad you will be staying on.
  13. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Thanks Bill - enjoy your next endeavor and please stay around here. I think the highest praise I can give a moderator is that I may KNOW they're a moderator, but if I didn't know it, I'd never suspect it. And that was true of you. I'm sure you took people aside when it needed doing, but never a heavy hand on the forum itself. Well done!

And thanks again!

14. elsie350

elsie350 SC Regular

Apr 7, 2012
    Many thanks to Bill
  15. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Glad you will be hanging around Bill. Thanks for all the hard work you put into the community.
  16. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Thanks for your efforts, Bill. Moderating on a forum takes time and effort and I'm sure it will be a nice to give yourself a break from it and just be a normal forum member again.
  17. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010
    Thanks Bill!
  18. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Thanks folks for all the kind words - I have enjoyed my stint as Mod and you have made this an easy forum to 'manage'. I find myself a bit 'tired' at the moment and hope there will be some fresh energy for me and the forum with this change.
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Thanks for all your work, Bill! Glad you are staying round!
  20. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I've been talking with Mark (stillshunter), and sadly he too will be resigning his moderator duties. Like Bill, Mark has been a real pleasure to work with, and I'm sorry to see him leaving the moderator team, but I can understand that sometimes life makes these decisions for us.

Mark offered to stay on for a while since Bill resigned as a mod, and Bill told me he would have stayed on a while if he had known Mark was going to resign. Hopefully the community here will understand than neither of them left because of any conflict with me or one another - just personal factors that made continuing to moderate here more difficult.

Please join me in thanking Mark as well for his great service to the community!
    • Like Like x 7