1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Vice interviews Nobuyoshi Araki

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Boid, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Might offend delicate sensibilities. This amazing photographer has a point of view and doesn't care two hoots about expressing it.

Nobuyoshi Araki | VICE

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Wow.... I don't consider myself having a delicate sensibility at all, but the things he says would make sailor blush. Absolutely brutal (and perverse) outlook he has. I almost think he should be locked up.

3. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    He makes me laugh. And leaves me amazed at the same time. I guess he is fighting indifference most of all.

4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Pretty funny indeed! I didn't find it offensive, he's just an old man with sex on his mind it seems :tongue:
    I'm gonna do some more thinking on the things he said about the relationship between photographer and subject (but don't worry, I won't suddenly start touching up every woman I take a photo of! :wink: )

5. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia SC Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Thanks for posting the link! Haven't read yet, but scanned through the photos and the one of the crack in the pavement is classic.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Definitely read the article. He has some rather interesting things to say about shooting people.

• Like Like x 1
  7. madmaxmedia

madmaxmedia SC Veteran

Nov 10, 2010
    Los Angeles
    One of the most awesome interviews I have ever read, on a couple of levels. Araki and Moriyama are a couple of my favorites.