1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Vivian Maier Series & Exhibits

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by Isoterica, Aug 12, 2012.

1. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Not sure how many of you have seen this but I thought I would share..

Part 1: Vivian Maier | Chicago Tonight | WTTW

Part 2: The Meteoric Rise of Vivian Maier | Chicago Tonight | WTTW

Part 3: Searching for Vivian Maier | Chicago Tonight | WTTW

Here are a few more:

OUT OF THE SHADOWS

Vivian Maier Photography | Exhibitions | Thomas Masters Gallery, Chicago 245 W. North Ave. Chicago, IL 60610, opens September 7

Chicago History Museum | Vivian Maier's Chicago 1601 N. Clark St. Chicago, IL 60614, opens September 8

• Like Like x 3
  2. stanleyk

stanleyk SC Top Veteran

May 23, 2011
    Taylor, Texas
    Wow would I love to be able to go to that. I have the Vivian Maier monograph called Street Photographer. It's really a fantastic book. I live in the boondocks so I have to live vicariously through books for these types of things.

3. Prototype

Prototype SC Veteran

Jul 9, 2010
    Illinois
    Brian
    I was just at the bookstore a few hours ago, looking through the pages of Street Photographer. I might pick it up, as well as a few others, while I'm in this slump. Things around here are a bit boring and I haven't had plans to leave town any time soon.

4. Olivier Duong

Olivier Duong SC Regular

Jul 16, 2012
    Vivian needs to be more recognized. She is so good

5. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    As a counterpoint to some other comments I made, I really like Maier's work. Her story is fascinating in that so much of her work was in the shooting and she didn't see many of her own pictures. For some reason that really resonates with me. Shooting is a way of focusing your own observation of the world so there is an personal and internal dynamic that is actually independent of the image you produce.

Of course, if this were really true I should use a cheaper camera. :biggrin:

6. Nuskyn

Nuskyn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    @Gelderland - the Netherlands
    Jeroen
    wow.. what a story..

7. snkenai

snkenai SC All-Pro

Oct 5, 2010
    kenai, AK
    Stephen Noel
    Just watched the videos. Very interesting story. Her work will make some people a lot of money, who did not do the work. Quite sad.

• Like Like x 2