1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Voigtlander 10.5mm f/0.95 - insane!!! - I want

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by PeterB666, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    that beast looks like it needs a tripod collar.

2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Looks beastly indeed! Hopefully it'll be a good performer for those who like to use MF in their m4/3's.

3. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    About a year ago, I emailed Voigtlander to ask if they were going to make a fast wide. I'd already bought the three primes, but the lack of a fast wide bothered me. The SLR Magic 12mm f1.5 had quality control issues, and the Olympus 12/2 wasn't fast enough. Much of my work takes place in dark situations where lighting would be impractical or intrusive. I told them of this, and suggested that a 12mm f1.5 would be great.

Voigtlander's reply was something like, 'we are planning to release a number of products in the future, and something there might please you'.

Now they have announced a 10mm f0.95 and it's more than I imagined. Great work, Voigtlander. I'll be on the preorder list for this one.

4. Archiver

Archiver SC Top Veteran

Jul 11, 2010
    Melbourne, Australia
    Yep, exactly like the other lenses. A bit soft and glowy wide open, and as it stops down, it sharpens up and the glow disappears. It will be a fine, fine addition to the kit.

Just sent in my request to be on the waiting list. This is very exciting!