Voigtlander Nokton 25mm f/0.95 Lens Review and samples

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by soundimageplus, Nov 12, 2010.

1. soundimageplus

soundimageplus SC Top Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 6, 2010
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/45203414@N06/5161323116/" title="P1000059 by soundimageplus, on Flickr">[​IMG]"500" height="340" alt="P1000059" /></a>

A 3-part hands on personal set of reviews and samples by myself and others at:-

<a href="http://soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2010/11/voigtlander-25mm-nokton-f095-micro-four.html" rel="nofollow">soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2010/11/voigtlander-25mm-nokt...</a>
    HANDLING AND PERFORMANCE

<a href="http://soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2010/11/voigtlander-25mm-nokton-f095-micro-four_11.html" rel="nofollow">soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2010/11/voigtlander-25mm-nokt...</a>
    ON LOCATION

<a href="http://soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2010/11/voigtlander-25mm-nokton-f095-micro-four_12.html" rel="nofollow">soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2010/11/voigtlander-25mm-nokt...</a>
    VIDEO - LINKS - SAMPLES

• Like Like x 5
  2. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    That is one fine lens, really sharp with awesome colour and contrast!! So can it just fit straight onto micro 4/3? also how much (I'm not going to like the answer i don't think!!)

Great Blog by the way, thanks for posting.

3. soundimageplus

Jul 6, 2010
    Yes you don't need an adapter.

A tad over £800.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ghosthunter

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
  5. silverbullet

silverbullet SC Regular

Oct 20, 2010
    Germany
    Today I had this lens in my hands. The focusring runs as smooth as on my 50mm Summilux Black Paint (brass barrel).
    So creamy........:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ghosthunter

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    I guess you get what you pay for!!

7. Boyzo

Boyzo SC Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Jul 14, 2010
    Great review ... thanks David

Very tempting what impresses is the f0.95, quality build and the close focusing at 0.17m ( I dont care much about lack of EXIF)
    I have use MF legacy lenses on m43 (Minolta) but still have a preference for AF now (In my older years)

What I found is the most legacy MF lenses just don't focus close enough

The rumoured Panasonic 25/1.4 for me is a consideration but its going to be much like the 20/1.7 compact with poor close focusing ability (This is what I dislike most about the pancake) but it keeps the length short.

The Voigtlander 25/0.95 is definitely unique.

8. soundimageplus

Jul 6, 2010
    I agree completely and for me thats the key feature. Some of my M-Mount lenses only focus to .7 and .9 of a metre, which limits their use somewhat. The ability to get close and isolate things is one of the great strengths of the 25mm for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    Well, there's no point in making an M-mount lens focus to 0.17 meter, after all, because the rangefinder can't really focus that closely.

I'm glad to hear this one does -- it puts it on the map for me.

10. soundimageplus

Jul 6, 2010
    Exactly and one of the problems of rangefinders. With m4/3 Voigtlander probably have somewhat more freedom with their lens design.
    Just out of interest I place the lens in front of my M9 (Don't do this at home kids!!) and this is the result.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  11. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    can you stick this lens on a Nikon DSLR, (say the D300 or D700), with an adapter?

12. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Thanks for the review. Its one of those lenses I'd really love to have, but I know that I really wouldn't reach for it often enough to justify the expense. So, unless I hit the lottery, its probably not happening. But a nice one to drool over, and in the right hands a real gem.

-Ray

13. wt21

wt21 SC Hall of Famer

Aug 15, 2010