1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

VSCO 04 example: fuji velvia

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by pniev, Aug 9, 2013.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Did anyone tried VSCO 04 already? Leica has also been added. I don't own a Leica so I did not use those settings. However, I did try the Fuji velvia 50 and 100 film presets on some flower shots )I did reduce the saturation of the green and highlights/whites)

Velvia 100-
    [​IMG]

Velvia 50:
    [​IMG]

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    OK, I'll bite... what is VSCO, let alone VSCO 4. My brain is not allowing me to interpret the acronym.

3. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  4. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Thanks, I knew it had to be something like that. Just never heard of it before. Thanks for the elucidation :)

5. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Sorry for being unclear. When I became aware of the company, their passion appealed to me. They make some nice products too. I occasionally use VSCO presets for film-like effects and - more often - NIK B/W (occasionally for color). Sometimes I decide to use the presets and sometimes I like the "standard" photo better. So I am still not sure if these type of products are worth the money. I am also not sure how much time it saves because I end up with additional tweaking anyway (such as reducing saturation of greens and whites/highlights reduction in this case).

I was curious what people's thoughts were on the new presets, especially because this set includes the fuji astia/provia/velvia films as well as Leica camera profiles.
    BTW: I am not reseller or anything else. Just a user.