Wanderlust Pinwide - Wide Angle Pinhole Photography for Micro 4/3

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by Amin Sabet, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    I just received a press release for what looks to be an interesting product from Wanderlust Cameras. The Pinwide is a new wide angle (11mm) pinhole cap now available for pre-order. Here's a sample image:

5-justin.jpg

You can find out more about the Pinwide on their product page: Wanderlust Cameras : Pinwide

Additional sample images: Wanderlust Cameras : Gallery

The Pinwide is currently available for pre-order ($39 including shipping). However, the project will only be funded if they are able to obtain ~150 pre-orders (Pinwide cap for Micro 4/3 by Wanderlust Cameras — Kickstarter). You will not be charged unless the project is funded.

For more money (~$60 plus shipping), one can get a Skink Pinhole cap on Ebay, but the samples from that product don't look as good to me as those from the Pinwide. Also, the Pinwide is wider (11mm) than the Skink Pinhole for Micro 4/3 (18mm).

The Pinwide seems like an interesting product and worthy cause to bring to the attention of our readers. I'm in with a pre-order and hope others will join me!

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I have to say that this looks as though it will be very cool. If I still had my mu43 gear, I'd pre-order one.

3. Vidar

Vidar SC Veteran

Oct 25, 2010
    Bergen, Norway
    Vidar
    Yeah this seems cool, maybe I will get one:smile:

Sorry :eek:fftopic:: Just out of curiosity, what cameras do you use these days BB? Have you allready sold your EPL1?

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Oh Vidar! The short version is that I am using a Panasonic LX5, and holding out for a hands on review"Mt Fuji" also known as the Fuji X100.

5. Vidar

Vidar SC Veteran

Oct 25, 2010
    Bergen, Norway
    Vidar
    Ah.. The Fuji.. i am sure that will be worth the wait, and the LX5 seem great too:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Preordered. Thanks Amin. This could be very interesting with very high ISO on the street....
    That IPhone tripod thing is cool....

• Like Like x 1