1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

We Heart It

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Luke, May 23, 2013.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Someone mentioned this website in the thread about flickr alternatives. I jokingly signed up for it since it appears to be for girly girls. After looking around a little bit, they ask you to "heart" 4 photos. So I picked a couple subversive photos and hearted them. Then they wanted to show me how easy it get more images up on the website. So it gave me the option of uploading photos from my computer or adding photos from a website. I'm at work, so I figured I'd try adding from a website hoping it would prompt me for information about what photo site I was signed up and show me how to move them.

That's not what happened. They had me download an extension to my browser that adds a little heart icon in my browser window. It's simple....whenever you're on a website and you find an imgae you like, just click the heart and it will load it up into your "we heart it" stream (or whatever their terminology is for that). So you click the heart symbol on your browser and it shows you every photo on the webpage, then you just click the ones you like and whoooooosh! Instantly in your little "we heart it" cue. Kinda seems like they're enabling wholesale image theft.

2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    plus the hearting addon won;t work in Opera so i can;t help them steal images :frown:

3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    After playing with it for a couple minutes, it just feels sad, empty and hollow. I wish I were more simple-minded.

4. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    more?

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    LOL..... I wish I were simple-minded. To be an absolute dolt would be a blessing.

6. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    I'm starting to wonder if this is where all those "Unknown referrer" stats I get on Flickr now are from (the one's that now outnumber everything else)

[blimey that was a dog's breakfast of a sentence]

7. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I doubt it Paul....not enough pink in your stream ;)

8. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Actually, Luke, I've just realised why you don' t feel you fit in at We ♥ It : You haven't got really thin legs and really dark eye-makeup ... well not in work hours anyway I suppose?

9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Thats horrible, what they are doing. Clearly (and I havent seen it and dont want to) its for talentless teenage females... gawd...

10. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    FWIW, I found out that it doesn't work on Paul's photos. Perhaps it's sophisticated enough to check for permissions settings. Because it did let me "heart" other photos on flickr.

11. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    My photos aren't in poor enough taste for it, I expect

12. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    Oh god what if they're too bad for it though?

The horror ... The horror!

13. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris
    If there's pink in your stream, better see a urologist. :frown:

14. Yeats

Yeats SC All-Pro

Jul 31, 2012
    New Jersey, USA
    Chris