1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Weather resistant system..????

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by bbodine9, Nov 26, 2011.

1. bbodine9

bbodine9 SC Regular

Jul 11, 2010
    I am a long time Oly E-1 user and inclement weather is one of my favorite times to photograph. Is there a compact system that has any weatherproofing features yet? If not how are current users shooting in the rain and snow? Thanks for any comments.

2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Sad to say you'd nearly be stuck with a weather sealed DSLR or one of the decent waterproof compacts. Other than that, there are weatherproof bag thingies you can buy to put your camera in. I use a Pentax K-5 with WR lenses when the weather is hideous.

Weather protection: Wet weather protection stuff just to give an idea of whats out there.

3. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Oh the E-1. Hands down my favourite dSLR of all time. If there's one I ever regret parting with, that is it. Mighty glad to hear you're still shooting with it.

A real shame I can't return the favour and help you with a WR SC suggestion. Seems you've picked at the edges of the system and brought to light a fundamental short-coming - I can't think of anything out of the box only the after-market measures as Sue has pointed out. Sorry mate!

Thanks again for the trip down memory lane. Hadn't thought about that E-1 beast for a while.

4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
  5. Ripleysbaby

Ripleysbaby supernatural anesthetist

Sep 9, 2011
    Cumbria UK
    Garry
    I've tried faffing about with bags, covers, home made stuff. What a pain. I also regret selling my E1. I'm seriously considering an E5 , now i am employed again ! Yippee