1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Weatherreport

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Eastern part of Netherlands near German border: blue skies, sunshine, 31.3 Celsius.

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Perth 15C and mostly blue skies after a week of showers.

3. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Brr that's really cold Bill!

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I'd love some of what Bill's getting right now. We're in the middle of a nasty stretch of heat and humidity with a heat index of around 38C today. We're supposed to get a break by the weekend, but my air conditioner is crying and can barely keep up.

5. Covey22

Covey22 SC Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    Heat Index in the US NorthEast where I am - predicted to be close to 41 C because of humidity factors :mad: I guess there's a good reason to be at work today - free and reliable air-conditioning. When I rolled into work this AM, it was already 28 C and climbing like a rocket.

The problem with this much heat build-up - whatever relief we get over the weekend will start with severe thunderstorms. Gack.

6. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Chicago burbs, mid 90's, haven't looked at the weather channel yet today but the heat is supposed to break tomorrow with a storm coming in. That is if the weathermen can predict with any accuracy. Theirs is the only job I know that one can be so off the mark and still get paid. At any rate my daughter was heading to university to do some work there on campus and she said that the air conditioning in the car went out and it is hothot. So she's opened the windows and will have to hunt for a shady spot to park. The car dash was reading high 90's while moving. On an asphalt parking lot it will read 110 or more.

And a little fun fact, my hubby being an engineer has access to a lot of neat little toys like a heat gun to read temperatures. We have several different colored cars and yes, black cars get hotter than white ones so color matters! One year at a car show he had the device with and was doing the same there, the participants were amused and surprised that there actually is a measurable, and sometimes a large one, difference in heat retention due to color.

7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Yesterday was hot: 26C, hottest July day for years. Today: Cloudy. Patchy rain developing in the morning, becoming widespread in the afternoon, easing during the evening. Isolated thunderstorms. Winds N 15 to 20 km/h turning NW 25 to 40 km/h during the day. Daytime maximum temperatures between 17 and 23. Straight from weatherzone.com.au :) Guess I better send a message to my lawn guy to not come until the rain goes away for longer than a week. In the meantime, the jungle grows.

8. BigTam

BigTam SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Western part of Germany near Netherlands border: blue skies, sunshine, 30.5 Celsius :)

9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Hot, hot and more hot... I'm stuck in fahrenheit mode. Yesterday in Westchester County, NY, my car registered 98 degrees...thankfully it dropped by the time I returned to my bucolic home, even though we're quite inland...we do have a lot of big trees and green pastures. Today it's supposed to be in the 90's again and then yes - big thunder storms tomorrow.:hail:

10. NathanJ

NathanJ SC Regular

Sep 18, 2012
    UK basking at the moment. 34 C in the shade in my garden yesterday. Getting hotter apparently....

11. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    You poor guy, enjoying sauna at no cost !

12. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello Dortmund! That's close to where I live.

13. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Still 30C, getting hotter next week !

14. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Washington DC. Currently 85F (29.5C) with high 95F (35C). Humidity 70%. Staying inside watching England hammer the Aussies at Lords.

15. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    :daz: on behalf of our Australian brethren.

16. Herman

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Today 21.6 Celsius...brrr...feels like sitting in a refrigerator.
    But there hope, the weathermen predict 30 Celsius for tomorrow. Wow!