Micro 4/3 Well, this worked okay I think . . .

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
PC230021.JPG

What you're looking at is a sunset taken with my OM-D printed on a 40 x 50 inch fleece by Walmart photo products. I had two of them made (with similar but different pictures) for Christmas presents.

Cheers, Jock

I've often wondered what type of image would work well for a blanket or throw. That one definitely works well, I think. Bravo! We're getting a nice snowstorm today so I might be under a blanket for a little nap before I do battle with the first wave of snow removal.

Jock, that looks good. How is the blanket? We bought one from Shutterfly for a gift. The images looked OK, but the blanket itself was ridiculously thin. I would not recommend them to anyone for that product.

Jock, that looks good. How is the blanket? We bought one from Shutterfly for a gift. The images looked OK, but the blanket itself was ridiculously thin. I would not recommend them to anyone for that product.

The Walmart throw was thick as some other throws we have purchased or been given, but not as thick as the "superplush" throws Walmart was selling at the store with wildlife pix on them. If you are looking for something that is as thick as a blanket you might put on your bed, I don't think you will be satisfied, but for a light-to-medium throw to keep your legs warm on a cool day, it works fine.

You have to order them through Walmart Photo Products on line. You create an account, import the photos you want to use, and then move the photo (or photos) into your project. I was warned that my photo had "low resolution" but with a sunset, I figured resolution didn't matter that much.

I would recommend the "Plush throw" option. I ordered two (from two different pictures) and the photo reproduction was satisfactory on each, but one had somehow been creased while going through the process.

Fortunately, there is a decent return policy in effect, and I brought it to a nearby store and received a refund. I ordered the same throw again online, and the replacement arrived today, and I am well pleased with the quality. (And I don't get anything from Walmart for saying that.)

I think it is a decent product at a decent price, and I would order from them again.

Cheers, Jock

Last edited:
Back