Went 'togging for 1st time in a while.

bilzmale

Hall of Famer
Name
Bill Shinnick
St Mary's Cathedral recently rebuilt/renovated.

Interior 3-shot pano.
5502985930_31ab40b8f4_b.jpg

Taken with 7-14mm and straightened in ShiftN. This lens has huge contrast giving a polarised look.

5502395265_6e2e5aa948_b.jpg

Side on showing the original section and the new building on the right. (Will have to remove the flare).

5502396011_c8ff1b2e9b_b.jpg

Bill, it does my heart good to see you are "togging" again! St. Mary's is an interesting example of past and present architectural styles combined. It appears to me from your photographs that they've done a very nice on the renovations and rebuilding. That polarized look is beautiful, Bill!

Superb detailed shots!! I love the 3rd image as it looks straight where the others look a little too 'fisheye' for me to be honest but it's to be expected from that type of lens. There is no denying that the 7-14 is a superb lens and captures all that is thrown at it. Colours and superb!

Thanks BB, Andy and Dave. The cathedral was started in the early 1900s but money ran out in the great depression after the front (retained) section was built. The second (replaced) section was long and narrow, and dark with poor viewing of the altar.

Here is another pic with no distortion correction.

5504087097_7c1b38e600_z.jpg

Back