1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

we're in the E-M5 club now

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by krugorg, May 4, 2012.

1. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    So, yep, I did go down to the shop yesterday and pick up my E-M5 preorder. I am looking forward to taking it out this weekend to see how it does in the field, but my initial impressions are pretty positive.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/krugorg/7142154833/" title="we're in the club now by krugorg, on Flickr">"800" height="585" alt="we're in the club now"></a>

Pictured with the 20/1.7 mounted (pretty compact) and the Street Strap, which I like a lot. It always was intrigued with the silk strap from A&A, but thought its length would require neck carry for me. This one is long enough for me to carry bandolier-style.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I guess the intervention didn't help ...

Any chance your local shops had a few extra OMD's laying around? :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    It's the thought that counts on the (intervention), Armando. Thanks for trying! :biggrin:

It sounds like units were still just trickling in and not all preorders hat yet been covered (they had a ton of preorders). Mine was in their first shipment received of body-only kits (not sure if that included silver).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Nice one!! THey look SO ubercool!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Thanks, Andy. I didn't really love the design when I first saw the announcement, but it looks better to me in person. I think the pyramid somehow looks less obvious in person. I probably will continue to like the looks of my E-P3 more, but I already like the way the E-M5 feels in hand better.

6. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    That is a nice looking camera. Congrats again :) The 'pyramid' is reticent of older cameras, that is what I think, they were going for. I have been tempted by the EM5 too.. but lack of cash saves me from most falls!

• Like Like x 1
  7. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Sweet! Enjoy! And show us some results!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    The hump/pyramid does seem smaller in the flesh. In fact the whole camera does. You can take that be good or bad; I take it as being a good thing.

• Like Like x 1
  9. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Congratulations, now hurry up and post some pictures pretty please!!!!! :smile:

• Like Like x 1