1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Wex Photographic X-E1 offers

Discussion in 'Fuji X Forum' started by theoldsmithy, May 2, 2014.

1. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Just ordered an X-E1 plus 16-50 and 27mm lenses for £529. That seemed too good an offer to miss. If I don't like the 27mm I can always sell it and get an old X100 for not much more...

2. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Congratulations! You will be happy with the 27mm for trips where you need a small package!

3. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Congratulations on the deal! I love some of the stuff I have seen from that 27mm... seems like a great lens, regardless of the size.

4. theoldsmithy

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    All arrived yesterday, but I've been too busy at work to get out and take any photos...grrrrrr

5. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    The 27 makes X cams 1-handable. For that alone I would love it. Otherwise it's 85% or more of the sharpness and focus speed of their best lenses, which is a helluva compliment. I consider it a must-have for me, and am shocked I didn't initially order it. There are tiny bags that your XE will only fit in when the 27 is on it.

6. theoldsmithy

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Yeah, I can't say how it performs yet but the 27 is really quite petite. I think the size of this camera is just about perfect, and it looks fantastic in black.

7. KillRamsey

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Just note my findings on the 27's manual focus... it will focus past infinity, so don't just crank it all the way out and fire away.

8. kwaphoto

kwaphoto SC Rookie

Jun 16, 2012
    Colorado, USA
    Ken W. Andrews
    I'll second that about the 27mm. I have an X-E1 (27, 35, 18-55, 55-200) and the X100. That 27mm mounted on the X-E1 has started to go more places with me lately than the X100. I find the lens to be a stellar performer, even though it's "only f/2.8" compared to the X100's f/2.0. At least my copy of the X100 / 27mm, the X100 doesn't match it in sharpness until around f/4. I shoot that 27mm wide open more than I do that with the X100; so it's seeing more use lately. I did pick up an inexpensive ($7 USD) metal screw in lens hood on Amazon in 39mm for the 27. It fits very well and now I just ditch that tiny little lens cap.

9. KillRamsey

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    I got a B&W polarizer filter for the 27 that lives on it unless it's dark out. I want to say it was less than fifty dollars at B&H, and it just stellar. Has a nice flange ring you use to rotate it that sticks out far enough to shield it from abrasions really well in the bag.