Canon What are some good digital cameras with full manual control?

yanzha

i'm looking for a camera that has manual control like shutter speed, aperture and focus,
also good ISO setting , btw something cheaper than the Canon t1I cameras price rang
from 200-350

smile.gif

i'm looking for a camera that has manual control like shutter speed, aperture and focus,
also good ISO setting , btw something cheaper than the Canon t1I cameras price rang
from 200-350

Yanzha,

I use the Panasonic FZ150 and FZ200 superzoom cameras as well as the Canon G12. All have full manual control and can be purchased used in your price range. The superzooms offer 24-600mm (equivalent) focal range; the G12, 28-140 equivalent focal range.

Unfortunately, none of them offer really slick manual focus. The G12 is just plain awful: you have to press a button for manual focus, then rotate a wheel around the 4-way controller to bring the image into focus . . . but the close proximity to the 4-way controller means it is really easy to inadvertently activate other functions.

The FZ150 and FZ200 are better for manual focus. You can set up a slider on the side of the lens barrel for manual focusing, but it is very sensitive and easy to over-shoot. Fortunately, there is a button next to the slider that, once you get close to being in focus, you can press to snap the camera into focus. The autofocus on both these cameras works pretty well, but if you are trying to focus on something behind foreground clutter (like a bird behind some bushes), the process gets tricky.

DSLRs and micro 4/3 cameras generally offer better manual focus systems, but they are typically more expensive.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Jock

For serious photography, the ideal equipment has always been a digital SLR with full manual controls and the ability to change lenses to suit the scene.
However, that doesn't need to be the case any more. There are many small cameras on the market that give you total control over the exposure settings and many also have very fast lenses.
This means that you don't always have to carry a digital SLR — or even a chunky Micro Four Thirds — camera with you to take awesome pictures.
All the small cameras in this round-up feature manual exposure controls in the form of dials or control rings and most can even shoot in RAW mode,
so you can edit them to your heart's content without sacrificing image quality. On the downside, not all the cameras have large zoom lenses.
This means that in some cases you'll have to use good old foot zoom.

smile.gif

While being able to take control of the exposure in a small camera is great, the other fantastic thing about these compacts is that well… they are small.

Most of the time they will easily fit into a pants pocket, allowing you to carry them to parties and to special events, and you can even take them on trips without them becoming a burden.

In this round-up we've included models from Panasonic, Canon, Nikon, Ricoh, Samsung and Olympus, to give you an idea of the type of camera you should consider if you want a small camera

that lets you take total control of exposure settings. Now the Canon G12 may be a little bulky to fit in most pockets, but we've included it because we wear cargo shorts most of the time.

Panasonic LX-7 has good manual controls and fits in your budget. As does the Pentax Q and new Q10 (the newest Q7 is beyond your budget). The cool thing about the Q is that it has more or less the same interface as Pentax's DSLRs.

Back