What are you doing?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Herman, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    I'm enjoying good life. Watching telly, sport on German channel, playing cards (freecell) with my wife on her laptop, internet on my laptop.
    I have to check out prices for bridge cameras. Guess they will cost: 250 for HS20, 450 for HS30, 700 bugs for XS-1.
    Any review of XS-1 ?
    And...what are you doing right now?

• Like Like x 1
  2. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    just checked my emails - and the SC Forum - sunny day here - then out to chain saw and cut wood for the coming week plus start to clean out the pool in readiness for the Spring/Summer

• Like Like x 1
  3. chromatin64

chromatin64 SC Veteran

Apr 26, 2011
    A Leekist in York, UK
    Just summoning up the courage to attack the pile of ironing before settling down to watch the Scotland-France Six Nations rugby match this afternoon.

I'm still on a high after Wales beat England in an immense match yesterday.

Oh and then if I haven't had too many beers, wifey needs a portrait for the staff board at her work so I'll have a bash at that.

• Like Like x 1
  4. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I'm also evading a pile of ironing! Got up at about 7.30 a.m and amused the dog for a while. Now supping coffee and perusing the net! Will probably take Little B out later when it warms up a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
  6. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Preparing to head south, back home.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Our "cleaning lady" did the ironing yesterday - very bourgeois here

morning "cuppa" now arriving

• Like Like x 1
  8. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Just finished eating dinner. Eating ice cream now. Not looking forward to the start of a new working week tomorrow. :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Finished watching Midsomer Murders on ABC, Running DVDs of the West Wing as I type on the netbook which I've set up again because I realised I need to sell the Macbook. I've been using the iMac again for photography and its a much better experience, even if it is 5 years old.

In the meantime Ubuntu is shaping up nicely with its apps, shame about the Unity interface which sucks and which is not really configurable. I've dropped back to Natty Narwhal and will not be upgrading again to Oneiric Ocelot, nor, I suspect, anything else Ubuntu. I may have to go native Debian after this.

Why am I playing with Ubuntu again? I've realised that I am no longer in a financial position to buy Mac hardware, and tbh I would prefer to spend my money on cameras and lenses. So my next computer purchase is likely to be a PC which I would immediately install with a Linux. But that's not for a while.

And I am tired and its past my bedtime. I ramble as much at this time of day as I do when I first rise in the morning.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Eating my breakfast yogurt and trying to catch up here...but the sunny, cold and windy day beckons! Off I must go with my trusty dog!:biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    I could have written this :biggrin:

• Like Like x 2
  12. winginkris

winginkris SC Veteran

Dec 15, 2011
    On the couch, sick.:frown:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    Just got to work after a nice morning walking the dogs and time spent lounging with them and the wife. Now 3 hours of selling records and compact discs if anyone decides to come in today. Sundays are either real busy or real slow.....not much in between. Looking forward to a dinner with some friends and then tomorrow sending reminder emails to those who haven;t emailed their cover photo to me for the book. Happy Sunday every1.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Spent the day recovering from the children's combined 18th birthday party, 106 teenagers for the evening out with 28 of them partying on through the night at our house afterwards!
    Lots of fun pictures, some of which I may share later.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    A slow easy morning. Now at the mall, about about hour north of Toronto. My wife and younger monster are shopping, while I am at a coffee shop typing this. We won't be here long (we're not really mall people) then it's home to red, relx, maybe watch a movie. I'll take about 45 minutes later to set up my week.

We just sold our home in the 'burbs, so have some lists to make and planning around our move. We want to be back in the city. After hitting 'post quick reply', I'll be scooting around the web until my coffee is finished. I'm planning to buy a camera this spring, my first gear purchase in 2 1/2 years, so some investigation is in order...

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hope you get well soon!

17. chromatin64

chromatin64 SC Veteran

Apr 26, 2011
    A Leekist in York, UK
    Ah well. Started the beers before the ironing which was a mistake. Watched the first hour of the Sco-Fra match when some friends called around so had to mute the telly and start on the wine and we'd made some baclava. A nice Argentinian Malbec is now on its way down.

Well played France; nicely set up for Le Grand Slam decideur in Cardiff in a few weeks. Allez les Rouges! (Pour Julien).

• Like Like x 1