Leica what does everyone think about the X2?

I'm just sure who this camera is aimed at (no pun intended). It may be very good, but there are a lot of cameras to choose from today. And with the EVF it looks positively silly.

I am totally underwhelmed by the X2. When the X1 came out it's image quality went a long way to make up for its other defects. But that's no longer the case. In Reid reviews he compares it to the FujiX100, the Ricoh (I forget) and the Pentax K01 and it consistently ranks third in his tests. Not for me this time although I still find the X1 one of the most fun cameras to use.

For the price of the X2 + Viewfinder, you could pick up a Fuji XPro-1 kit that to my mind (AF aside - but X1 had poor AF) is a much better camera in all senses and offers interchangeable lenses.

I think Leica is still riding too much on its laurels from the analogue systems and believing they can produce what they want at a price they want rather than listen to users and produce value for moiney that could sell well............Hmmmm, shame!

disappointing, as others have said, after the X100 and XP1 this just isn't a rationally defendable buy anymore. The only thing it still has going for it is that it's probably a bit smaller...

Looks like the Oly EVF.

It really *was* the Oly VF2. Good call! This review mentions how he tried the Leica VF on his PEN Mini and it worked even! :dash2:

Exclusive premiere: The full Leica X2 review

Okay, I am cool with a company developing something unique and charging a premium, but seems just a wee bit cheesy to slap on a off the shelf EVF as an option and charge 2X the going rate. Just sets them up for ridicule, imo, and devalues the rest of the product in peoples' minds.

I was waiting to see this camera ! I thought it was going to have changeable lenses . Its not that different to x1 .:mad: Ill stick with my digilux 2 and im going to get an x100 and save myself some cash !!!

Back