Film What Film Cameras do you use?

I haven't shot film for a couple of years but would love to convert one of our rooms into a darkroom and dive back in at some stage (when the family is a bit older and I have more time).
My first SLR was a Minolta Dynax which I really enjoyed using and have hung a large 3-shot panorama on the wall shot by it. I have my eye on an M6 in the future to share my M8's lenses with.

Some of my favorites:

5466849524_9eaa862d81_z.jpg

5466788388_1c5f1ea34d_z.jpg

5672572236_8db809f5f9_z.jpg

5672572752_59eeff5f32_z.jpg

5672005685_1a175cf442_z.jpg

5672572894_e4cf68f627_z.jpg

5672572972_12279b0248_z.jpg

5672573234_c18d96ea91_z.jpg

Cheers,

Antonio

Woof, that is a very nice panorama:)
Reala was one of my favorite neg films my last roll has 6 shots on it and that is it, no more in Australia...
Michael

Thanks Michael... I have not been able to find any at a reasonable price around here. Superia is billed as the replacement - I think it is OK, but really not a replacement. What do you use now?

Now, I don't use a film camera any more but I was out for a wander this morning when I came acorss this geezer toting a rather interesting looking thing ... I introduced myself and tried to have a chat but he wasn't really interested in talking ... takes all sorts ...

6204764612_f8e5e6bebe_b.jpg

kodak stereo man by _loupe, on Flickr

6204767098_1510dcd95a_b.jpg

kodak stereo man by _loupe, on Flickr

I recently purcahsed, but returned a Diana Mini. Way too fussy, and really required after purchase modification to work. So, right now, its just the Canonet.

Very cool.. I was looking for one of these, had my hands on a couple but they were non-working. Also.. I had to think.. well where do I get that developed etc.. as I don't do developing myself. So back to rangefinders and twin lens reflex. I do get some looks though when I have the Yashica Mats around my neck. The old people love it!

What do I own and what I would use are two very different things, the last time I shot film was not with a compact but with my 8X10, before that the Fuji 680, if I really started shooting film again it would be with my Contax G2s, still my all time favorite street camera. I have collected miniature and compact film cameras for years film sizes from 8X11, 16mm, 110, 126, 127, 35mm, cameras from Minox, Yashica, Minolta, Rollei, Mamiya, Contax, Nikon, Kodak, here are some of them, I will post up more at some point.
View attachment 47031

View attachment 47032

View attachment 47033

In the past 6 months: Olympus Zoom P&S bought at a thrift store for $5 and used at a Waterpark. And, Minolta Hi-Matic 7s-II, Canon 7, Contax III, Nikon SP, and Canonet Ql17l.

What do I own and what I would use are two very different things, the last time I shot film was not with a compact but with my 8X10, before that the Fuji 680, if I really started shooting film again it would be with my Contax G2s, still my all time favorite street camera. I have collected miniature and compact film cameras for years film sizes from 8X11, 16mm, 110, 126, 127, 35mm, cameras from Minox, Yashica, Minolta, Rollei, Mamiya, Contax, Nikon, Kodak, here are some of them, I will post up more at some point.

View attachment 47043
Hi Landshark, I'm going to assume you already know how rare that Pentax Auto 110 Super is.
How would I know? Well, out of all my Pentax Auto 110 stuff, this is the only one I didn't sell. ;)
-Bruce
standard.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I still have both of the film cameras I ever owned; a Minolta Memory Maker (35mm f4.5 fixed-focus lens), which my parents gave me when I was about 9 years old I think, and a Canon Prima Super 135 (awkward name but a fine compact film camera, with a 35-135mm zoom lens) which I got when I was 11 or 12.

I pretty much gave up on my photographic hobby when I was 14, and by the time it bit me again, digital had become the standard. I hadn't shot film in ages, but when I went on a low-tide seabed excursion in the Wadden Sea last May, I bought a disposable water-proof film camera and something about it just rekindled the excitement of shooting film; the knowledge that you only have a limited number of photos you can make so you'd better make them count, the feeling of the shutter, advancing the film through the camera, bringing it to the shop and the excitement when you get it back...

I'm certain I won't be spending lots of time shooting film, but at the same time it's a nice thought that the camera is there, the film is there, I finally have batteries in the camera again, and whenever I feel like it, I can go out and use them. Somewhere next week I'll be picking up the photos from the roll that I'd left in the camera when the 14 year old me stopped taking photos, can't wait to see them :)

Hi Landshark, I'm going to assume you already know how rare that Pentax Auto 110 Super is.
How would I know? Well, out of all my Pentax Auto 110 stuff, this is the only one I didn't sell. ;)
-Bruce
standard.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Yes and I have two with winders and all the lens except the 18 pan focus

Yes and I have two with winders and all the lens except the 18 pan focus
Pretty COOL little camera's EH? ;) I used to have the complete kits for these camera's, but sold everything but the one you see here. I also had a whole lot of the 110 film cartridges, but somehow they got away too. I think they were in the fridge of the motorhome I sold a while back. :(
-Bruce

Well the oldest 'family' camera I have is the Minolta 35 Model II my dad bought while in the Army stationed in Korea during the war. [Actually have two, I bought a back-up, and then the 110mm and 135mm lenses] *I do have older cameras though.Then I have my mothers Kodak Instamatic 100. That one takes 126 film so it's kinda just laying around. After I have.. a Polaroid One-Step Close-Up my husband and I got early on when we were first married. After that [not film] is the Canon Power Shot S200.. still works, talk about grain. The rest which are about 40 or so I collected over the last year from estate sales, flea markets etc.. including a Yashica Electro 35 GSN, two Yashica Mats, first ed and 124 G, Zeiss Ikon Ikonta C 521/2, Ricoh Singlex TLS, Argus Match-Matic C3, Kodak Vigilant Six-20, Voightlander Brilliant... and not listing them all.. the newest being a Konica Autoreflex Full/Half Frame [was dying for a half frame] with brand new 50mm 1.4. The rest is a smattering of Falcons, Kodaks, Polaroids, a couple toys from Lomography dot com. Nothing like the rare one above and as much as I have desired a Leica, maybe an M3 with 50mm DR [love closeups].. I don't think my skills justify the expense nor would I probably know the difference between a photo out of that camera or my other rangefinders though I did recently get a Summar 50 LTM from a friend that I can use in the Minolta. I don't think film is going to be around much longer.. so it is my goal to run a roll or two through each camera before I can't. I will probably sell the cameras that don't do it for me and keep the ones that do.. I think the first one to go will be the Diana F+ Kit. Ironically the toy I bought first before I got GAS.. but I only used it once. I have an original Diana 151 if I want to do that and a Holga 120N.

Film cameras in use: Only occasionally Leica M2, hardly ever Olympus XA and Nikon FE2. Sad, isn´t it? My first film camera was a Voigtlander in 1962 (a simple model, maybe Vitoret). Then Edixa Mat Reflex (a SLR from Germany), Olympus Pen FV, Olympus OM1 and OM2SP. After focusing SLR:s got more difficult by age, I changed to my first autofocus, Nikon F-601. Next and last film SLR was Nikon F80. I moved to digital in 2004.
As a sideline I have affection to rangefinder and TLR-cameras: I have in a cabinet Yashica Mat 124, Kiev 4, a Minolta model and some older stuff. They are not used.
This sums 50 years of phographing as a hobby, seen from camera perspective.
Nice thread.
EsaS

I very recently picked up a used, but in new condition, Voigtlander Bessa R2a rangefinder camera. I bought for it a new 35mm 2.5 Color Skopar and a used 90mm 4.0 M Rokkor. I did this to find out if I enjoyed rangefinder photography, and it turns out that I do. The problem is that instead of quenching my thirst for Leica, it has increased it. Nice M6 for sale anyone?

Cheers,

Antonio

Antonio,

in the last 5 years I checked my skills in RF photography with an M6, M7 and MP. The last was the best looking, smooth and heavy cam and the M7 was blinky-blinky in the RF window. None of the Leicas gave me the feeling "Booahhh - what a cam - I may dy for..."
Sold all of them and now I have a M4-P together with a 50mm Summicron (just got the cam to get the cron), but my regular shooter is the Bessa R4A. Much better in terms of loading the film, film index-window, metal shutter-more noisy but no holes in the shutter curtains by sunlight, AE fix-button and MUCH better RF window.

My real true-love is my new old NikonF which I had 40 years ago too. Nothing comes closer (for me.....)

Other cams are a Pola 180 folder, a SX-70 and Pola 600, Yashica 124, a Robot and my father's 6x6 Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex. From Poland as a souvenir a FED2. And a 6x9 AGFA Isola as a pinhole cam. No chance to scan the MF frames, but the 135 type will be scanned regularly, when I'm in the mood....... Uhh, I forgot the Nikon F801s......

Wow Kristen id love to have a look through your collection .! I love old camera especially ones you can pick up cheap and see what they can do .Here are my film cameras of which i still use.
6613819201_acb29ea4ea.jpg

film cameras by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr
6613820783_d525f2b989.jpg

cosina by NIKKI O BRIEN, on Flickr
my leica mini is my fav although I think there is light leakage through the back despite sealing door with masking tape when I have aroll of film in :)

Back