Film What Film Cameras do you use?

The Leica Mini is my all-time favorite P&S. The Elmar lens on it is great. If the camera ever dies, I am remounting it for a manual camera.

The Leica Mini is a 35mm full-frame film camera. Has a 35mm F3.5 Elmar on it, very sharp. "No Frills", but has a large viewfinder with brightlines. when I brought it home from the camera shop, my wife took one look at it and announced "Oh, you bought a new camera for me."

I've been tempted to get one of the Minox M3 look-alike digitals.

But...

MINOX DC DSC Digital SpyCam 5.0 MP Digital Camera - Black | eBay

But the one above is the closest that I have seen to a film Minox. Looks to be the same size as my Minox EC, and smaller than the Yashica Atoron Electro.

I'll ask Nikki to try it in her jean's pocket when it arrives...

I still love my M3. I've been using it for years. I shoot it now for fun. I shoot Tri-x and process in Rodinal. It has a look all its own.
old reliable.jpg

That is a beautiful look - and a lovely photograph... It's either one from the old days or you have a great collection of magazines that you keep out.;) Seeing that radiator cover brings back so many memories, as well. Very good memories, I must add. Thank you.

Do me a favor and stop by our Welcomes and Introductions forum when you have the chance, ferdhart. And, in the meantime, welcome to Serious Compacts!

IMG_1638_IMG49_fuse_D1000.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I haven't shot film since 2007. The last film camera I used was my Plaubel Makina 67, a folding 120 roll-film camera. When folded it is flatter than an old polaroid camera, it fits easily in a brief case or winter coat pocket, making it a compact camera.

My most modern film cameras is my Hexar AF Classic. I enjoyed it's stealth immensely.

My one remaining film camera is my old Pentax SP500, a stripped down Spotmatic. I bought it when I was 15 so it has sentimental value. I should run a roll of B&W through it an develop it in the University's darkrooms. Hmmm. . .

That is a beauty, hope you use it. The Nikkor 3.5cm f1.8 is one of the best wide-angle lenses ever made.

Now you need a 5cm f1.4 to go with it!

Wouuw! The Plaubel would be my dream - even there is no MF scanner, but I would buy it.....

Here in Germany there are among others two very well known artists:

"Campino" lead singer from the 'Tote Hosen' (dead trousers) and Wim Wenders, the film guy who made 'Paris-Texas' and others.

Both made a movie with Campino as an actor, playing a photographer, title "Palermo Shooting" BTW Dennis Hopper is the Death when I remember well.

Look at the guys camera....

Google-Ergebnis für http://www.fotostrada.at/archiv_2008/index_files/bild-3.jpg

Well I broke down and bought one of my all time favorite cameras today, do not know how much it will be used, But I just could not resist, it is one of the 2500 units Nikon made in 2005, a brand new in the box Black Nikon SP, with a 35mm F1.8, has a roll of trix in already.
View attachment 48105

Bob, That's a beautiful camera. Hope you'll use it frequently. I picked up an old Leica M4-2 for sentimental reasons a few months ago, Haven't used it enough yet but hope to give it a workout once the Single in January is over.

Leica-M4-2_Snapseed.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

-Thomas

Speaking of film cameras, I am definitely getting old and have still too much stuff. Since I thought I might start shooting some film again, I went to look in my storage closet for a Minolta ambient light meter that I was not sure if I had sold or not. Well I could not find the Minolta but I did find a Gossen Luna Pro F I never knew I had. So overall a good day for film

Stupid question - are these cameras stored in a dehumidifier of some description? As by appearance it looks like my electric oven in the kitchen...with the elements on! :eek:

Your observation is correct. I staged the photo using my kitchen oven. The cameras were photographed when the oven was cool. A second photo was taken with the heating elements and the oven lamp switched on. These two images, taken with a Powershot S90, were "fused" together using photomatix, an HDR program. (I never learned how to learn photoshop)

Back