1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

What happened to the old SeriousCompacts.com?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Amin Sabet, Jul 6, 2010.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    I have to apologize for letting the old Serious Compacts blog (now located here) fizzle out after nearly three years of activity. Some of the readers commented that my starting a Micro Four Thirds forum at www.mu-43.com was the reason for ignoring Serious Compacts, but this really wasn't the primary reason.

In 2009, my job in Baltimore was not going well, and I found a new job in Boston. Our family relocated, and since then I have been working harder than ever in order to do well at the new job. There just hasn't been time for blogging, and I have been unable to continue to maintain Serious Compacts.

Unlike Mu-43, which has been largely self-sustaining (through member-generated content), the Serious Compacts blog was a labor of love which relied upon consistent, steady blogging on my part. As readers of that site know, we tried to do various things there, including hands-on gear testing, coverage of news/rumor, opinion pieces, and highlighting photography being done with compacts.

My hope is that by re-launching Serious Compacts as a forum-centric site, we can pick up where we left off on the blog, making it more of a community-driven effort.

Thanks for checking out the new SeriousCompacts.com!

Amin