What have you done to the world Fuji?

Discussion in 'News and Rumors' started by stillshunter, Sep 13, 2011.

1. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Interesting - if Samsung does have this in the works, no doubt Fuji must as well. At least that's what I think.:wink:

3. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    I think Samsung is the dark horse of the camera industry. They are enormously powerful, their mirrorless lens line-up is second to none, and they are well-known to steadily improve their products until they are the best on the market (think about mobile phones or TVs).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    I agree with Strat. Samsung can do what they want because they have the resources like Sony. The EX1 is a perfect example. I tried my friends and was really surprised at the camera. If they decide to go after Fuji, well, we'll all be using the Samsung EX100 before long.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    If my refrigerator is anything to go by then their cameras should be pretty good too.

6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  7. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Def one to keep my eye on!!

8. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK
    likewise.....

9. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley SC Regular

Aug 3, 2011
    I guess they will certainly be cool :cool:

It will be interesting to see whether anyone else can improve on the hybrid ovf/evf on the X100 - actually, I hope that Fuji work some more on this concept...

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  10. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    :rofl:

Yeah to be honest, I was sceptical at first. I mean I've had a few phones and presently a great LED TV from them. But cameras? Like Sony my prejudice is whether they can really do photographic since they're not dedicated to the task. Then again most manufacturers appear to have diversified their product range....even Ricoh makes a mean copier.

I'm with Brian, I want to see others outdo Fuji's hybrid VF, but also their 'analogue' controls. Then I will be sold!

11. stratokaster

stratokaster SC Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Kiev, Ukraine
    Pavel
    Did you ever have a chance to handle any NX-series camera? They're wonderfully ergonomic. They feel like cameras designed by photographers, not by computer engineers. Their lens line-up also indicates that somebody deep inside Samsung's imaging division understands photographers' needs really well.

12. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Well not yet! But if their market research continues, and they speak to the right people....who stress the importance of UI - including VFs and controls - and not more MPs :wink: then I most certainly will. Oh yeah and then I'd want a wider lens range :blush:

13. Streetshooter

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Mark, Strat is very right about the Samsung lenses.
    That kit zoom, I believe 20-50 or something is just about as good as it gets.
    It's 1 beautiful lens. The NX body is a sleeper but when you use it....it's wide awake...

14. stillshunter

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Oh no, no, NO, Don has spoken. Only a matter of days after this last happened I bought me an X100. Help someone....plaaaaaaa-ease! :daz:

Kidding mate, best thing I could have ever done. Of course, I am now curious! DAMN! Again though, I want me a decent VF to go with any stellar glass. Well don't shake your head Don, coz you created the monster! :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Streetshooter

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Mark, no joking..fer a change. Samsung will be the one to watch in the near future. Look at the lens on the EX1 if only that. No Mark, don't look at it especially since the price is now affordable. Don't look Mark.....

16. Luckypenguin

Luckypenguin SC Hall of Famer

Dec 24, 2010
    Brisbane, Australia
    Nic
    No slight against Samsung. I really like my fridge (although their stoarge media business is dead to me).

They're certainly not unqiue: Panasonic makes toaster ovens, Sony maked DVD players, Canon makes photocopiers...

I welcome my bland, megacorporation inspired future where one brand can meet all my consumer needs :rolleyes: